Saturday, April 26, 2008

No Pain No Gain

On Thursday night I decided to stop spectating at netball training (I'm a coach) and join in with the fitness part of our sessions. We have four grades of senior netball at our club and the first half hour of training each week we all train together to work on fitness. We are very lucky (?) to have a personal trainer as one of our players so our fitness sessions are very well planned, and from the sideline over the past few weeks haven't looked too difficult.

Well. I think I should have stayed on the sideline! I thought I was going to die! Twice! And now, two days later every muscle in my body aches. But the important thing is that I did it, the whole session without stopping (well, I slowed down to a walk a couple of times but I didn't completely stop!) and that is more than can be said for some of the players. It was interesting being part of the training, I got a different perspective of my team and now know who is slacking off and who is putting in an effort.

Next week my dear friend Lightening has "encouraged" me to join her at the gym on Wednesday during my lunch hour. She is having a private session once per week with a personal trainer and wants to step it up, but needs a gym buddy. So with the gym on Wednesday, netball training on Thursday and umpiring on Saturday I'm hoping to improve my fitness. Losing a few kilo's would also be lovely but at the moment I just don't have the energy or motivation to focus on eating healthily. It's such hard work and you have to constantly think about it, it cosumes your whole life.

If you don't hear from me in the next week, it's safe to assume I haven't survived my new fitness regime!

4 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

You did GREAT and it made it sooo much more comfortable for me to be involved. I'm very big on having someone to hold my hand. So thank you. :)

Wednesday will be fun.

Oh, and I did NOTHING yesterday. Doh!

Then got on the scales this morning. Doh!

Now I'm eating chips. I'm a big help aren't I? LOL.

Joanie said...

Lightening is an absolutely wonderful friend to include you! I love her comment too...

I am quite envious of your new workout regime. You'll be 'shapely' before you know it. Keep those carrot sticks and dried banana slices handy ~ yum!

I'm still trying to get myself motivated as well as find some energy to do whatever that motivation is!

HisPrincess said...

I just dread the very thought of "dieting". I have a new motivation though. Pink will be in a debutante ball in November and I have a beautiful dress to wear, if I can fit back into it! So, I'm looking to be svelte by November! I have to say, I'm still not all that enthusiastic about it!

Jenny said...

Sounds like fun...kinda! Have a great time.

Have you all had any rain lately?
Jen