Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fields of Gold

The colours at this time of year are wonderful. I love the sight of golden fields of wheat or barley against clear blue skies. God is one amazing decorator.


This picture above is our barley, ripe and ready to be harvested. It's such a beautiful colour. I walked out past this crop last night and I love the sight of the gold, the smell of the barley and the sound of the wind moving through it.
I just took this photo because I liked it. Looking through the old wagon wheel at another of our paddocks. This one was oats before it was cut down and baled into hay.

And I've saved the best til last. I just love the colours. This paddock is one of our better ones. Kym started harvest early this week and while the yield isn't too bad, the quality isn't so good. And the poorer the quality, the less you get paid. But whether it's good quality or not, you have to agree it is pretty.

8 valued opinions!:

sailorcross said...

Beautiful!! I love God's artwork, and if we look around us, it's all there for us to see and enjoy!! He is the Master Artist!!

Have you been following along on my "Love Dare" for my children? I started with my son after an explosive anger episode from him and have since added the other two children. I have each day posted on "The Power of Your Love".

A challenge to be sure--but it has been well worth the effort as I'm seeing changes in them and me!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing your photos, and yes, He is "La Decorator!" The last photo, in all it's simplicity, is beautiful!

Have you found the oil any good? I hope it's working well for you...

My ADHD Me said...

LOVE those pics.

Farming is such hard work! Not to mention it requires SO much faith. After all, no matter how hard you work at it, God handles the rain and sun which decides the final outcome.
I always feel SO bad for the farmers around here when they work SO hard and then a dry summer ruins it.

Great looking harvest!

Toia said...

Beautiful.....just plain beautiful!! Isn't God awesome?

Kelly said...

Those pictures look like they could be in a magazine. Great job. What a pretty place you live in!

Edie said...

"God is one amazing decorator." Now THAT is TRUTH!

Love the photos too!

Jenny said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I love the thought of seeing the wind in them. When I see the wind moving things it always reminds me of the Holy Spirit.

One day, I'm coming to viist!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Your photos are awesome Sharon and I think you should make some into cards and sell them... perhaps make them into Christmas cards.

I too love seeing the wheat blowing in the wind and the wonderful feeling it gives of life!

Think its in our country blood to enjoy such things! There is something very personal and uplifting being out in Gods creation...

Lynette