Friday, October 10, 2008

Silent Treatment

As you may be aware our family went away for the long weekend last week. When we arrived home we were greeted enthusiastically by our dogs Max and Shelley with lots of barking and tail wagging.


We were also greeted happily by our cats, almost. We have three cats. Jess is the oldest, she is sweet, chubby and affectionate. The second is Jack, he is Jess's son and three times bigger than her. He is your typical farm cat. Big, strong and very affectionate like his Mum.

Then there is the other one. He is my baby. He is a Russian Blue named Boris. I have wanted a Russian Blue for as long as I can remember so when I finally got him I spoiled him shamelessly. He sleeps under the covers in bed between us, only eats the best cat food and basically gets whatever he wants.


Boris is never amused when we dare to go away and leave him. Kym's parents come and feed him, but he does not like having to sleep outside with the "peasants"

For about four hours after I arrived home on Monday, this is what I was greeted with....



Complete silent treatment. If I spoke to him he simply turned around and sat down, always facing his back to me.

It lasted til bed time when he managed to swallow his pride and take his rightful place on my pillow.

He is arrogant, spoiled, and has an attitude that sometimes rivals my teenage daughter...but I wouldn't have it any other way!

8 valued opinions!:

sailorcross said...

And people say that cats have no personality!! Obviously, they don't know cats! I have had many cats through my lifetime, and they each had distinct and separate personalities.

My mama cat, Scout, decided to take a break about 3 years ago. There was a lot of turmoil in my household, and she let us know in no uncertain terms that she just couldn't handle it!

She made her home in the cabinet underneath my kitchen sink and stayed there anytime a "human" was around!

Has Boris now forgiven you for deserting him for a few days? He is a beautiful kitty!

Beth

HisPrincess said...

Yes I have been forgiven!

People who say cats have no personalities have never owned a cat...of course you never "own" a cat, they choose to grace you with their presence.

I love that saying that dogs have masters and cats have staff! Sums them up perfectly!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful post! I loved the photo. Reminded me of this one: http://wjcsydney.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/dolce-and-cannoli-cream/ Cats suit lavender!

Edie said...

LOL!! That is so funny. I Love that picture, it says it ALL! Cats really are quite good at expressing disgust aren't they? I'm so glad he was finally able to *humble* himself. Now if I could get my daughter to behave so well.

Joanie said...

Delightful! :)

There is nothing quite like a cat... I'm definitely a dog person ~ guess it's part of my 'control' issue... in addition to Coco's 110% faithfulness and unconditional love for me. ;)

I have considered - though - after she's gone; no more animals...

Kelly said...

Edie's comment made me laugh almost as much as your post!!

I'm glad Boris was able to "forgive" you. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments... You are a darling!!! And I second the chance to meet - that would be wonderful. Considering we're on the same continent, we've got no real excuse... As you know, I'm on a "computer break", but just wanted to let you know that the oil I'm sending you won't be available til Monday, so I'll post it off then.. Love and hugs to you... Naomi
PS That Bush Puss is too pretty - what a picture!!!

HisPrincess said...

Naomi Boris would be horrified if I called him a "Bush Puss"! He is royalty! LOL! At least thats what HE thinks.

When you work out how to get your daughter to behave Edie, please let us know!

Joanie the independence of a cat is something I just love about them.