Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tennis

Scott went to Kimba today, another town on Eyre Peninsula, not far from here.

Kimba is where the try outs were held for tennis. Those selected go to Adelaide in two weeks time, representing their schools. Our schools are part of Central Eyre, so Scott was competing against boys from Kimba, Cleve, Wharminda, Lock, Cowell and some others that I can't remember. Lots of kids anyway.

Scott rang me very excitedly this afternoon to tell me that he has been selected. I was excited for him initially until the reality set in. I have to take a week off work to take him to Adelaide for a week long tennis tournament. In just over a week. Not much notice hey. Sigh.

Don't get me wrong. I'm really happy for him. This will give his confidence a huge boost, and I'm proud of him. But a week in Adelaide in November watching hundreds of kids play tennis isn't really my idea of a great time! It would be fabulous if I had lots of money to spend, but I don't. So...I guess I need to stop sulking, sort out the logistics and be happy for him. Because being selected in a representative side is a big deal, and he's done really well.

5 valued opinions!:

Edie said...

Hi Sharon! I tried to get in here earlier today to comment but Blogger was being very uncooperative. Glad it's fixed!

Congratulations to Scott for being selected for the competition. I'm sorry that it's not much fun for you. Maybe you could get in a lot of alone time with God. :)

Have a safe trip anyway.

Joanie said...

Hooray Scott! :)

Perhaps you should take up knitting or crocheting or some other handwork while you enjoy hours upon hours of young people playing tennis! ;)

My ADHD Me said...

I tried yesterday to leave a comment too, but couldn't. Your's wasn't the only one so Blogger must have been having troubles.

Hooray for Scott, but believe me, I understand your feelings. I've sat at quite a few karate tournaments on hard bleachers for enough hours to understand!

Anonymous said...

I have had trouble leaving comments too, so here I go again... How wonderful for Scott to have been selected! That must give you warm fuzzies deep down... As for the boredom, you could get an awful lot of reading done, or perhaps you could become the unofficial photographer of the squad, and then sell you pics so that you can then go shopping!!! Up there for thinkin', down there for dancin'!!! Hehehe... BTW, you have an award to pick up when you swing by...

HisPrincess said...

I will definately be taking lots of photo's. Stay tuned for the action!