Saturday, October 11, 2008

No Laughing!

We have a new scanner at work so I've been having a bit of a play with it. This morning I've brought in my wedding photos to scan so that I can save them digitally in case something happens to my album.

I thought maybe you would like to take a peek...but remember it was 1990 and we all had perms like that! And taffeta was in! So no laughing! LOL! Just kidding, you can laugh, I know I did!

This photo was taken in what is now our garden, but at the time it was Kym's parents home. The bridge we are standing on was made by Kym at tech in school. And it's still there!


Here are Kym and I walking back down the isle after the ceremony, looking pretty pleased with ourselves! We were married in the same church that I still attend and worship lead. Kym was baptised and confirmed in this church, and he was the third generation of his family to be married there.


Here I am in all my tafetta permed glory in that beautiful garden that I'm afraid isn't quite so beautiful anymore. Kym's mum is an amazing gardener, I don't share her talent!



The wedding party in that garden again. Looking at it is making me feel guilty! The groomsman standing next to me is my older brother, second from the right is Kym's sister Michelle and she is partnered by his brother Brad.

Eighteen years has flown by! I can remember every detail of that day like it was yesterday.

Lord, thank you for blessing me with a wonderful husband and father to my children. Thank you for blessing and protecting our marriage. I pray that we can continue to grow together and grow in You.

12 valued opinions!:

Edie said...

Awww - how beautiful! Anyone who stays married long enough to laugh at the styles in their wedding pictures is truely BLESSED! No stick it out another 18 years and the pictures will be IN STYLE all over again, and you will be even more BLESSED! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved them. I had a perm when I was married too, cept mine was 1979!

Anonymous said...

You look SO beautiful (and nothing to laugh at AT ALL) and Kym looks SO YOUNG. While you have hardly changed!!! :)

We really gotta have a girls night in with pink champagne, chocolate and wedding albums don't you think? :) You all got to go to each others but I missed out - I have no idea who was in who's wedding party, what colours they had etc etc.

HisPrincess said...

Did they have perms in 1979? LOL!

Lightening, I'm pretty sure I've changed...although I think I had a really chubby face back then which is odd since I was about 15kg lighter than I am now. Perhaps its the perm, or those puffy sleeves!

I guess we look young because we are...I was 20, Kym 22. Just babies really.

HisPrincess said...

And yes a girls night in would be fabulous!

Did you notice those identical stunning twins?

sailorcross said...

I'm not laughing!!

This are just beautiful pictures and beautiful memories of a wonderful day!!

I agree with Edie--if I still had my clothes from high school, I would just fit right in now--fashion-wise, that is!!

Kelly said...

Love the photos! How sweet. It's so fun to look back at old pictures. Congrats on 18 yrs!

My ADHD Me said...

Your pics are beautiful. You were a beautiful bride.
Try living with a natural perm....At least once a month someone asks me if I have a perm....Roseanne Rosanna Danna.

HisPrincess said...

Someone as wriggly as you couldn't possibly have straight hair ADHD! It just would'nt look right! LOL!

Laurie and Alan said...

Hi His princess, I found your blog through Joanie's and like to check in now and again!
Congratulations on 18 years! My husband and I celebrated 20 this July, a rare thing these days for sure.
Alan (my hubby) and I (Laurie) have been to Australia, we LOVED it there. Alan went there out of high school in the mid 70's for almost 6 months biking.
Loved the wedding photo's, you both have been truly blessed! : )

PS I'm still praying for rain...

Anonymous said...

Your photos are gorgeous! Good job your preserving them as you are... I was proposed to as an 18 year old... I sometimes wonder about the "what ifs" if I had have married then, and thinking about it just now, my dress (which I drew at the time) and my hair, would have been so similar to yours!!! Only I would have had Royal Blue dresses!!! Would you believe I still have a sample of the material I was thinking of having the dresses made from???... It's funny how the '90's don't seem that long ago - and really they weren't - but the styles suggest differently.

Leah Adams said...

I love wedding pics. My first wedding's color was red. The bridesmaids wore red gowns and it was so pretty. You were a beautiful bride and have remainded a beautiful person. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to think about trying to get our pics scanned in.

Leah