Monday, May 4, 2009

Princess Stephanie

I've been calling Stephanie a princess for years. Now we have the photos to prove it. Her debutante ball was held on Friday night and it was a fabulous evening. The girls all made their families proud. They danced the night away with their partners, their parents, their siblings and their friends. It was a fantastic family night. The kind we will all remember for a long time to come.
We (that's two other Mum's and myself) spent two days decorating the hall. The chandelier in the middle was welded by a local farmer and we covered it in fairy lights. We were pretty pleased with the effect!

Here is Stephanie dancing with her Dad. She looks gorgeous, he looks a little puffed out if the red cheeks are anything to go by!
And this one was taken just as we were ready to leave for the ball. Princess still has her number one accessory with her at all times! Her mobile phone!
A traditional part of the evening is the presentation of the debutantes and the cutting of their cake. Here are all 11 beautiful girls lined up to cut the cake. Stephanie is on the end on the right.
And here she is with her partner Trent. Steph and Trent have grown up together. They are best friends, he calls her his sister. Trent's mum and I have been friends since high school so they were bound to be stuck with each other!
Here is Steph being helped down the stairs by her attentive and dapper partner Trent. Navigating stairs in a long dress and high heels is a little difficult for someone who spends most of their life in jeans, tshirt and sneakers, or bare feet!
This last photo isn't a great one of Steph or Trent but it gives you a good look at the dress she designed herself. The bodice was ruched at the waist with the top covered in silver lace. The same silver lace is used in the underskirt. It looked really pretty and sparkly. Of course the bottom of the dress is filthy now, and in need of a good dry clean.

The evening went really well, with no major hiccups. We all got home at around 2am, I don't know about Cinderella, but her mother was in definate danger of turning into a pumpkin by then!

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

agrantham81 said...

She looks Gorgeous. Glad the night went well. :-)

In regards the scrapbooking comment over on my blog. Try this free program. You only need to drag and drop your pics into the predesigned pages.

Its called StoryBook Creator. You can download it from

http://www.cmphotocentre.co.nz/digital/software.html

There are also free digital templates over there. :-)

The Vanilla Dreams or Morning Mist would really suit the Deb pics.

(Please note I tell you this as a friend not trying to sell you anything, I used to be a consultant, but am not any more). Please email me or pop by my blog again if you want any other help.
You should be able to complete a book in way less than 2 hours.

Lightening said...

She is simply stunning - as I expected she would be. You look beautiful too! From all the photo's I've seen, everyone looks like they had a fabulous time so a job well done! Pat on the back for you and the rest of the team. :)

Leah Adams said...

She truly is a princess!! How beautiful. She should go into fashion design--the dress is so lovely. Looks like you did a great job with the organizing of the event. Congratulations to you all!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Wendy!

Amy: I will definately check that out. I need all the help I can get! I love the idea of scrapbooking.

Jodi: I was a bit cross with my look! Had my hair done and HATED it! So I just straightened it when I got home and had to put makeup on while on the way in the car. We had our professional photos done with me wearing no jewellery because I didn't find it til afterwards! But Stephanie looked gorgeous, and that was the main thing!

Leah: Designing this dress was a steep learning curve for her. She learned that she couldn't have every detail she wanted because certain skirts don't work with certain waistlines etc etc. But it all turned out beautifully and we couldn't have managed it without our wonderful dressmaker (and Stephanie's God Mother) Melissa! I'm in awe of talented people like that.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, your Princess looks absolutely beautiful! She designed a gorgeous dress, that suited her perfectly - a wonderful achievement! The photo of the two of you is a definite 'framer'!!! So glad it was a wonderful night for all of you...

Thanks for your sweet, kind words on my blog. I really appreciate hearing from you...

Hope you have a beautiful Wednesday... Blessings, Naomi x

Joanie said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful ~ the decorations, the people, and the description of the event...

Rejoicing with you!

Thank you for sharing all the lovely pictures. So good to see your beautiful face. :)

Her dress is gorgeous and she looks fabulous in it! Way to go Stephanie and Melissa...

Have you recovered yet?! Knew it would all fall into place and so thankful it was a special evening for all.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Naomi, the boys didn't scrub up too badly either! A funny thing happens when you put teenage boys in a suit, they stand up straight and behave!

Joanie, yes I think I've recovered. So relieved it all went well and that everyone had a good time. Loved the father daughter dance, they danced to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman.