Thursday, May 14, 2009

The other child

Running a bit late for work this morning I jumped out of bed and straight into the shower without making the bed.

I came back into the bedroom to finish getting ready to find that someone had taken advantage of the warm spot I left in the bed!
Can you believe that he even has his head on the pillow and has tucked himself under the rug! Of course I had to disturb him. Because it's such fun. He always looks so cross!
I can't be completely sure, but I'm thinking this face is telling me to "go away". I chatted with him for a while, gave him a pat, which he completely ignored of course.

As you can see he was extremely impressed with my stimulating conversation skills!
I was so jealous of him this morning. I really wanted to swap days with him. No prizes for guessing where he is right this moment! I bet he hasn't even moved.


6 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

:)

I love it! Made me smile inside and out... Our animals are so funny and seem to have "human-like" qualities, don't they?!

I think I agree with wanting to be in bed. Been out all day long and it's raining here again. I swear we're going to DROWN. I think it's a good thing my garden plans are way behind schedule! :P

However, I've got to finish a little sewing on two lap quilts, as I won't have a lovely sewing machine after Saturday... sigh.

Leah Adams said...

Oh that makes my heart sad. I had a kitty, Temi, for 16 years and he loved to snuggle under the covers--with me or without me. I had to have him put down in 2005 because he went into renal failure. Then his sister, who I had also had for 16 years broke her leg five days later and I had to have her put down too. It was a bad week in July 2005.

Your kitty is all about personal comfort!!

leah

My ADHD Me said...

I'm not sure what impressed me more....

A. The fact that he covered himself up.

or

B. The fact that getting in the shower before you make up your bed is not the norm...impressive!

HisPrincess said...

Joanie: So glad it made you smile!

Leah: A few years ago I had to put down my old puss who had grown up with me after she had a stroke. She was 18. It's taken me a while to get another one but I'm so glad I did. He is a delight to me every day.

Mary: Ok, maybe "making the bed" was too strong a phrase. What I really meant was pull the quilt up. There is no neat tucking and straightening involved!

Edie said...

LOL! Ah the life. I was telling my dog just today that I wish I had her life.

I haven't been blogging much lately but trying to get a few visits in again.

I make my bed the same why you do. I actually start while I'm still in it. LOL.

Joanie said...

Thanks for stopping by... I've been better, but I'm pressing on and not trying to THINK a whole lot right now. One more day. Departure is planned for before noon on Saturday.

Still searching for a job too...