Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day

Stephanie and I spent a lovely afternoon together this mothers day.

Stephanie recently went into business for herself as an independant Mary Kay cosmetics consultant. Until she gets her licence I am driving her around to all her makeup classes so we are really in business together at the moment.

It seems to be working really well. Stephanie is the (almost) qualified makeup artist and I am the qualified administrator!

This mothers day our friend Melissa (the one who made that beautiful debutante dress!) hosted a makeup class at her home. She invited Mums and daughters to come spend an afternoon together and be pampered.

It was a wonderful afternoon.

Here is Stephanie doing what she does best, applying makeup. Her teacher says she has a real flair for it and she loves every minute. She works by doing one eye for the ladies, while they watch in the mirror and then getting them to do the other eye.


And here I am hard at work (bottom left) taking orders. Stephanie had a really successful day and made a nice profit so everyone was happy.

I'm loving what this experience is doing for Stephanie. She grows in self confidence with every class she holds. We aren't making loads of money but I am getting free products (that's my commission), Steph is getting some pocket money and we both look FABULOUS! LOL!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful mothers day.

5 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Oh.... I'm so jealous! Looks like you all had a lovely afternoon together. :)

It's a real blessing to spend time together with your daughter. Treasure every moment for they pass so quickly.

Love the pictures too! Thanks for posting them. And, even one that included you... ;)

Anonymous said...

sounds fun ... ps does Mary Kay still sell a lippy called Rose of Sharon.. it used to be my fav and the one I wore on my wedding day!

Lynette from Adelaide

HisPrincess said...

Joanie: Not the most flattering photo of me and all my chins! LOL!

Lynette: No they don't have that lipstick anymore. I was named after the rose of Sharon! If you give me your address I can send you some rose coloured samples to see if there is something similar!

Leah Adams said...

Well, of course you both look fabulous!! Thanks for the pictures and the story. Any way that parents and kids can bond is good in my book!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Leah, the time spent with Steph is an added bonus. We are both really enjoying it.