Sunday, May 24, 2009

Flat

Good morning everyone.

I'm feeling a bit flat this morning. Not feeling up to going to church, even though the speaker is one of my favourites.

I've been getting the flu (and no, not the swine flu) bit by bit for the past couple of weeks. Last night after a hectic week and letting myself get run down it caught up with me big time.

So here I sit in my pyjamas at 9am in the morning feeling decidedly sorry for myself.

And a bit dissapointed in myself.

One of the down sides of being a netball coach is that when you lose a game you should have won you second guess every decision you made during the game.

And I made some bad ones in the final quarter yesterday, that I'm pretty sure cost us the game.

Sigh.

Shall keep reminding myself that it is only a game. There are no sheep stations riding on it. And try to learn from my mistakes.

You never know, I might actually believe myself eventually.

Anyhoo.

Time to get dressed. Or not. We'll see.

5 valued opinions!:

sailorcross said...

I've been feeling a little flat myself lately--thus the staying away from the computer and basically withdrawing into myself.

But, you know what I have found? On those mornings when I'm feeling this way--flat, down and out, tired yet still restless--when I go and worship God with others I am renewed, refreshed, and God always has something very important to say to me on those days--through a song, through the message, through another person.

Beth

HisPrincess said...

Thanks for your kind words Beth.

Taking a day off work today as I'm still not feeling well.

Although I feel obligated to do housework now. I probably would have had more rest at work!

Joanie said...

Oh dear... so sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Hope you feel better soon. :)

Feeling flat ~ I must say that I haven't had the best day myself... I think it's the emotional roller coaster we've been on. Tomorrow's a new day and so thankful He is still on His throne!

Hope you found time to rest ~ especially as you get after me regularly for not doing so myself! :P

HisPrincess said...

Yes I did get some rest!

I also cleared away some clutter around my computer. Much nicer sitting here now that it's all tidy and everything is in it's place!

Feeling much better now, so back to work tomorrow.

Leah Adams said...

I am trying to get caught up on all the blog news after having been gone for a few days. So sorry you were feeling poorly. I hope that by now you are better. Smile, my friend, you are loved!!

Leah