Monday, April 27, 2009

Panic Panic Panic!!!

Stephanie's debutante ball is on Friday night.

I have made a list of all the things that need to happen. The list scared me. A great deal. And another thing that scares me is that I have never organised a deb ball before....so I don't know what I haven't done!

Friday is going to be a stressful day I've discovered. I'm taking Steph and her friend Sophie to Port Lincoln to have their hair and makeup done. Simple enough. I have just discovered that they will finish having their makeup done around 3pm. Steph's photo's are at 5pm. Port Lincoln is an hour and a half drive...which means we have half an hour to get dressed, get the men in the family showered and dressed and into Cleve! I'm really not sure how we are going to manage that!

On Thursday we are having a run through with the sound and lighting people there. The hall will decorated by then (that's happening on Wednesday) and it will give the debs and their partners a feel for where everything is and how it will run. It might give me an idea too!

As each deb is presented the MC tells everyone a bit about them, a bit about their dress, and also introduces their partner and tells them a bit about them. I have asked the girls for some information so I can get all this written up, and I have about half of them! AARGH! Teenagers are so unreliable!

To give you a bit of an idea...here is Steph's introduction...

Introducing Miss Stephanie Bates.

Stephanie is the daughter of Kym and Sharon Bates of Verran. She is currently studying year 11 at Cleve Area School. Stephanie is also studying a certificate II in make up services, as well as being interested in a career in naturopathy or acupuncture.

In her free time Stephanie enjoys netball, spending time with friends, sketching, and music.

Stephanie designed her own gown, which has been made by Melissa Smith. It features a strapless, fitted bodice with a silver lace overlay and is made from white cathedral satin. The skirt has three tiers, with silver lace again being a focal point.

It then goes on to introduce her partner Trent.

As this is being read out a powerpoint presentation will be running with photos of each girl as they are growing up. Thankfully I have finished that!

I am yet to print the tickets and the program.
I have to ring the DJ and confirm her booking.
I have to make sure the licence arrives on time.
I have to make a CD of music to be playing in the background while the girls are being presented. I have to choose a father daughter dance song.
I need to find someone to man the door for us (or do it myself). I have to cook something for supper.
I need to write up all the introductions.

I need to calm down......

5 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Bless you, Sharon. I can't wait to see pictures of Stephanie on the big evening.

Leah

Joanie said...

Wow. You have alot to get done before Friday...

Knowing you, everything will fall into place and somehow get done and it will be a wonderful event ~ though I think you shall need a holiday (again)!

Praying you have a wonderful week and I can hardly wait to see all the pictures! Someone is going to take pictures, right?! :P

agrantham81 said...

You will be fine. :-)

As for a song.

Butterfly Kisses is a really good one. By Bob Carlisle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyjKQvWKw8

Dont forget to have fun.

HisPrincess said...

Leah, there will be many photos I'm sure! I will definately share.

Joanie, it's Wednesday now and things are starting to fall into place. I'm still a bit stressed about getting everything done! And yes...there will be pictures!

Amy - great to hear from you! How are things going with the new addition? Yes, we are using that song, beautiful song.

HisPrincess said...

Guess who forgot the camera...doh!

Too many other things to think about. But don't panic. My Dad took heaps and he will email them to me, then I will share!