Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sun, Surf and Family Fun

We have had a fabulous Easter weekend. We, along with another family who are dear friends went camping. We camped at a place called Sheringa which has huge white sandhills, perfect white sandy beaches, fantastic beach fishing and surfing, and best of all, it's out of mobile phone range.

On Friday we challenged the teenagers to a game of volley ball on the beach. We lost. So we evened the teams up a bit!
In this photo we see Kym has just hit the ball over the net, Trent is standing in the background (he is the son of our friends, and Stephanie's partner in the upcoming debutante ball). On the right side of the net is Dale (Steph's boyfriend) and Stephanie who is about to kick the ball, which I don't think is technically correct in volley ball but it worked, and it looked hilarious!

Here is what you do with teenagers who are really annoying you! Trent is at the back, Steph in the front. It did cross our mind to leave them there!

Here we have Dale digging the hole that Steph would end up buried in. It was Steph's idea to dig a big hole but she soon gave up.

And here we have Kym proving that you are never too old to surf! Well, to be honest, as good as the photo looks he actually did porve that you do indeed get too old to surf! He was exhausted by the time he had paddled out there!
I am back at work now, fully rested and while I wouldn't say I'm raring to go, I am feeling refreshed and approaching life with a better attitude.
I read two novels in four days. That is my idea of bliss.


7 valued opinions!:

sailorcross said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all!! I'm glad that you had this time to relax and rest!!

And now back to work--know the feeling!!

Beth

Lightening said...

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. It all looks a bit too active for my liking though!!!! :)

Joanie said...

Absolutely delightful! What a fun time everyone seems to have had ~ though I did notice a picture of YOU (and Scott) was missing... It does appear you followed Stephanie and Dale about (ha)! ;)

So glad you feel refreshed! Praying for rain (once again) for you and your dear farmer husband... Oh Lord ~ we've had SO much rain here and could really use a break. Please send much needed rain to South Australia and bless the farmers in that area of the world You created! Please give them HOPE this year. May Your Living Water flow to them, as they seek you ~ for You are the source of all we need! We thank you and praise You, in Jesus' precious and mighty name. Amen!

Guess I am back ~ look how long my comment is. I need to learn to leave short comments, huh?! :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like a wonderful great family vacation! I hope we get to the beach this summer for some family fun too.

Happy Easter!

Leah Adams said...

I hope you had a great time. It sure looks like you did. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love pics.

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Beth: it was lovely. Over too soon!

Lightening: THEY were active. I did a lot of reading.

Joanie: I love long comments! I did have some photos of Scott, just forgot to include them. As for me, I am happily behind the camera. Where I belong! Thanks for your prayers.

Kelly: Yes there is nothing like spending time at the beach. Think of us huddling in front of our fire while you frolic this summer!

Leah: We did have a great time. It was just what I needed

Joanie said...

I'm so glad to be back and that you're back too!

Oh yeah... next time you can take a picture of you reading a book (be creative)! I know you are. ;)