Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is my baby boy's birthday. He is 14. How time flies. It was just yesterday when he was a beautiful brown eyed smiley baby. The photo below is of Scott when he was still in primary school, about year 4 I think! This was before he became an obnoxious teenager and he was still smaller than me. He is now a good two inches taller, and still growing!



Here is Scott doing what he loves the most. Riding his motorbike. Scaring his mother. Both equally joyous passtimes in his book!

And here he is with his new favourite passtime. Surfing. Equally scary as motorbike riding if you ask me! They don't call our coastline the home of the great white shark for no reason!
And honestly...floating around on a surfboard impersonating a seal is just asking for trouble!
Happy birthday to my little boy, who at 5' 11" isn't so little anymore.
Do you mother a favour and stop growing out of your shoes within months of buying them...and would it kill you to give your Mum a hug occassionally?

4 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Awww what a cutie. I know that he and Steph are the lights of your life...even if they are teenagers. thanks for sharing about his birthday.

Leah

HisPrincess said...

The lights of my life are currently at home bickering!

It's school holidays at the moment and I've just called home to ask Steph to bring the washing in and they constantly sniped at each other the whole time I was on the phone!

Luckily Scott is having a friend over and Steph is going out this afternoon!

Joanie said...

Happy Birthday Scott! ...and you should give your Mum a hug ~ my youngest is 16 (soon to be 17) and he gives me a hug - wait, so does my 21 year old. You can do it!

It's 1:13 am here and I should be in bed asleep for the past few hours. However, Benjamin's recital was tonight, reception following, clean-up following that, looking at the pictures we took, etc... Ugh. I need to go to bed!

Thank you for blessing Scott (and his family) for 14 years of his life. May you bless him with many more!

My ADHD Me said...

Happy Birthday to You!! (Him)

Wow. Even our kids are similar in age. Mine just had his 13th. He hasn't had that huge growth spurt yet, but any day I'm sure....especially considering his 17 year old brother is over 6 feet and wears a 13 shoe.

Free health care is great. In the US If you have insurance (which I believe most do (not all)) a doctor visit usually has a co-pay of about $15-$35. ER visit with co-pay usually is about $200 and Hospital stay $200-$500. Without insurance a hospital stay usually runs in the tens of thousands. Which, if you think about it, if a person cannot afford insurance, they surely cannot afford a hospital bill.

How about medicines there? We have co-pays here for that too.

I'm just curious. It's interesting to see how it is done in different places : )