Thursday, April 23, 2009

RAIN!

This is what the window of my car looked like this morning. This is what happens when you are too lazy at night to put your car in the garage and it rains. Not that I'm complaining. Far from it!

My car is now all muddy. And I don't mind at all!

I woke up to the sound of rain on my roof. Now we have a tile roof so when I hear rain on the roof I know it's raining properly. It has been steadily coming down ever since. Just the kind of rain we like. Steady. Not too heavy that it washes away and doesn't soak in. Just right.

The long range forecast has been telling us that it wasn't going to rain until June. I'm so glad they got it wrong! June is getting too late to plant a successful crop. But late April. Perfect.

Of course we are cautious. Last year started with promising opening rain, but our crops died in Spring with no Spring rain. But I refuse to think about that. We are having a good start. And that's all the matters for the moment.

Lord, thankyou for this wonderful, steady, soaking rain. I pray that as Kym puts our crop in that he will be careful, not work too late and look after himself. I pray that these rains can be followed up during the year to give our crop the best chance.

3 valued opinions!:

Lightening said...

It's awesome - although with only getting back last night, I didn't get a chance to pick what was left in my garden. LOL. Not that I'm complaining about that either. We were down to "scrapings" of water in our rainwater tanks.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! for rain. I hope and pray it is the start you need and that all will go smoothly with the crops this year, and that it will be bountiful! And that your man will do well too!!! I loved the pics of your weekend away... But where were you in them???!!! And not that this may mean too much to your girl, but she has so got not a thing to worry about - she's beautiful! I look back on my pics at that age and think what was I worried about. I used to have so much angst, and for what?!!! The sinful nature at work... I will pray for her!!!

HisPrincess said...

Lightening: I think you are getting more than us! sulk!

Naomi: Thanks for your prayers, like I said, so glad I'm not a teenager anymore!