Friday, March 28, 2008

I have to go to the dentist :(

I really don't like going to dentist. REALLY don't like it. I have to go on Monday. I have a tooth which used to have a really expensive porcelain crown, the crown fell out (while eating a chewy candy, oops) and I put it safely in a little plastic bag in my handbag, thinking it might just be a matter of sticking it back in.

I then went back to my dentist who said yes indeed, it was just a matter of sticking it back in so bring your crown in and we will sort it out. Too easy.

I went to my handbag, no little plastic bag. Uh oh. I remembered that while I was in Perth last year (yes, last year, it takes me a looong time to get around to going to the dentist) I bought myself a nice new handbag, and because I was flying and didn't want any excess baggage I threw my old handbag away. And guess what was still in that handbag? My tiny little $1000 piece of porcelain.

So, now I have to have the tooth rebuilt because the bit that was holding the porcelain in place has since fallen out too. The dentist mentioned posts and roots at which point I stopped listening out of self defence. There are some things you just don't need to know. The appointment is for 90 minutes. Anything that is going to take that long can't be good.

On Monday at 1.45pm South Australian time I would really appreciate your prayers, and then for the next hour and a half! EEEEEEK!!!!!

Dear Lord,
I pray that my trip to the dentist will be successful and as untraumatic as possible. You know what a sook I am so please keep that in mind while I am being injected and drilled! Please help me be calm and not get too stressed out leading up to the appointment.

3 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Ohhhh... I strongly dislike the dentist too, which is why it took me so long to go back to the dentist myself! I can relate to how you feel. I must say I was greatly relieved when I went last week and was told everything looked great and healthy and I just need a deep gum cleaning and then polish my teeth.

What's funny though is I began studying to become a dental hygenist just after high school (I had a wonderful dentist then and did some assisting for her), but I couldn't handle the thought of doing injections and looking into people's mouths day after day, month after month ~ you get the picture...

I will be praying!

HisPrincess said...

It doesn't help that I am such a chicken.

My sister in law is a dental hygenist, she assisted in putting Robbie's braces in.

I couldn't think of anything worse than looking in people's mouths all day.

Jenny said...

I hate the dentist and I missed being able to pray in advance but I'm praying that all went well!

Jen