Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Blessings

We were blessed with a wonderful Easter, camping, laughing and just spending time with family and friends.

We have been home for a couple of hours which I have spent unpacking and washing (yay!). So now I'm sitting down with a dinner of left over toasted hot cross buns.

Easter was spent on the West Coast of Eyre Peninsula. We live on the East coast of the peninsula and have lovely white sandy sheltered beaches. The West Coast is made up of imposing cliffs, spectacular waves with the odd protected inlet. We camped at Venus Bay, which is a lovely little town on one of the protected inlets. We took the boat so the Fisherman could fish, and the kids could ski, wakeboard and tube. They had a fabulous time, although found the water much colder than our side of the coast due to it being open ocean, we are on the inside of a reasonably shallow gulf which changes the water temperature a little.

We visited a place called Talia Caves which is very beautiful, but a bit scary for me. I was taken by a freak wave inside the cave at Talia when I was 12 and going back in there made me feel a little uncomfortable! It was a very calm day, though, so I wasn't as nervous as I would have been if there had been big waves pounding in. Luckily for me a family friend was tall enough to be able to hold on to the roof of the cave so as not to be washed away himself, and he managed to pluck me out of the wave as I started to wash past him.

Here are some photo's of the spectacular coast line and the awe inspiring waves. I'm really fascinated with waves and can spend hours just watching them....from a very safe distance!



As you can see it was a calm and clear day so the waves aren't showing off their awesome power!

But trust me, they get really big!




We also visited a sea lion colony where we watched the sea lions do their thing (which was lay about on the rocks and sleep mostly!). The young one's were adorable, they would roll around in the rock pools having a merry old time.



Here is a photo of the view outside our camper. The bay at Venus Bay is so protected you wouldn't even know that the Great Australian Bite is just metres away. Very serene and calm place.




So now we are tired, but happy. It will be lovely to sleep in my own bed, but I will miss the sound of the ocean outside my window.


Dear Lord, thankyou that I was able to have a wonderful time this Easter. Thank you for the period of rest and refreshment, and the opportunity to witness the wonder of your creation. I pray that I can go forward now with renewed purpose, to live according to your will, and to listen to your commands.

7 valued opinions!:

Jenny said...

Those pictures look wonderful! We are headed to the lake this weekend but the view is nothing like that.

I'm glad you had a nice refreshing Easter!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful and isnt it great to be able to enjoy Gods wonders with your own eyes! I may be baised but I think we have the best scenery in Oz! Have a great short week ahead!

Lynette from Adelaide

Joanie said...

Another thing we have in common, Sharon! I LOVE watching the waves. Going to the ocean has always been a favorite place of mine. Lying or walking on the beach and listening to and watching the waves fills my soul in a special way. The words to a praise song rush into my head:

Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of Your name! I sing for joy at the work of Your hands, forever I'll love you forever I'll stand. Nothing compares to the promise I have in You...

What a beautiful place for you, family and friends to experience the awesome Creation God designed for us! I feel closest to God when I am in that setting ~ ocean, mountains, farmside... When His Creation is more evident than people's development of a place. How delightful! How absolutely delightful!

HisPrincess said...

Yes it was wonderful.

Joanie: Shout to the Lord is another of my favourites! You have pretty good taste in music!

Lynette, yes our beaches and coastline are second to none in my humble, unbiased opinion!

Thanks for your comment Jenny, I'm not aiming to make your view look bad, just sharing the wonder and power of mine with you! I'm sure your lake is lovely!

Joanie said...

Why, thank you my friend! It's actually one of my very favorite worship songs ~ I can see the wonder of His Creation and how awesome and powerful He is... It takes my breath away!

I so love the pictures you took to share with everyone. Gorgeous cliffs and beaches! I love the adrenaline rush that powerful crashing waves give to me... (and yet, I too, am terribly afraid of their power). Next to the farmside, the beach is my favorite place to be. Oh, the glorious sound of waves crashing ~ can't you just imagine that sound is bringing glory to the Creator!

Our Easter was terribly cold and extremely wet ~ the rain was relentless most of the day. However, the sun did come out around 5:00 pm with very strong winds accompanying it; even after sundown. We had a very brisk and clear evening and could actually see a number of stars in the city sky. Again ~ "the heavens declare the glory of God"

Jenny said...

I know you aren't trying to make my view look bad, but yours looks so GOOD!

I really can't wait to go though, I'll try to take a picture of the view. I think sometimes we just want what we can't have!

Jen

HisPrincess said...

Of course we want what we can't have Jenny! That's what makes us such an easy target for Satan sometimes.