Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catch up

Hello!

I'm just sitting down for five minutes (ok, maybe 10!) while I have dinner in the oven. I'm leaving in half an hour for a meeting at the school. I should be cleaning my poor neglected house, but hey! I have priorities!

Pink really enjoyed her lesson. She said in the car on the way home that she isn't sure she wants to continue which surprised me a bit. She went on to say that she doesn't want to turn something that she finds fun into a chore by getting all serious about it. Which is fair. I've left it up to her to make the decision. She has time, I don't mind either way.

I have had some interesting developments at work this week. My boss asked me to consider changing roles. His father (my other boss) is retiring later in the year and Mark wanted to know if I'd be interested in being his personal assistant. I jumped at it of course, I'm hoping it's just the change I've been looking for. So it will be interesting in future months to see just what this entails. DH asked if it included a pay rise, I didn't even think to ask!

I'm looking forward to Easter where I'm hoping to spend some time just reading and reflecting. We are going to a beach on the other side of the Peninsula and camping with some family friends. We go away with them every year and it's always a great time together.

Dear Lord, I pray that I can get everything I need done this week and that Easter can be a time of rest and reflection for me. I thank you that Pink continues to enjoy school and that Robbie continues to enjoy his sport.

7 valued opinions!:

Jenny said...

Your Easter sounds wonderful! I'm sure the new job will include a pay raise! That's a husband for you though they think of the important things!

I have way to many !! in this comment, I must be hyper today from the cough syrup. :)

Have a great night!
Jen

Joanie said...

Sharon ~

It's great that you had a few moments to share your latest in the midst of a very busy week!

Glad to hear a quick report about Pink and singing... God will guide her steps ~ remember - the world does need more naturopaths! ;)

Good to hear about the change in your job situation. I hope it's just what you've prayed for and the Lord will take care of all the details.

Your Easter weekend sounds absolutely delightful! My naturopath and I were just talking today that we both need to get away for a few days and be refreshed and rejuvinated. I pray the Lord blesses your time together and your heart is filled with great JOY...

I continue to pray the Lord draws the family closer to Him and provides relief for the heat and rain at the appropriate time for the crops. He is good ~ Joanie

Leah Adams said...

I pray that you will have a wonderful, restful, holy Easter!! It is just my favorite holiday!!

Congrats on the new job!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Jenny: Yes, my DH always thinks of the practicalities!

Joanie: Thank you for your good wishes. Tonight after work we have to get all packed up and ready, we are so disorganised! Shearing is still in full swing so DH will be tired before he starts! The good news is the heatwave is OVER! We have a couple of lovely, pleasant, and COOL days!

Leah: Yes Easter is a blessed holiday. We won't be home so I'm hoping to find a service somewhere on Sunday. If not, I have my bible, I can make my own!

dale arends said...

Best wishes for Easter. I hope your daughter continues lessons at least for awhile. Having great pipes is good. Knowing the how to use them is another. I wish I had continued with vocal lessons at least a while longer. Iwas just sitting around palying my guitar yesterday and could NOT find a specific vocal note. I kept thinking that I wished I'd learned more tricks to get the voice to do what the music requires.
Massage Therapy here in the US has become a saturated market. I have a license for it but couldn't make a living. The four years I worked for an MD and at a day spa became a big tax write off. On the other hand, it did convince me to continue my education in the healthcare field.
Sigh... So many paths are open at that age. It's so hard to pick one. My kids aren't there yet but I know I have a singer/artist/drama queen in my daughter and a potential programmer/operator/gamer/computer nerd in my son. (They are angles of the same mirror reflecting their parents.)
All we can do is pray, set examples and guide when we can.
Prayers and thoughts for you and yours.

-Dale

http://insectsnangels.blogspot.com/

Joanie said...

Have a wonderful, restful, refreshing time! May the Lord bless you in a special way on Easter...

Yay for cooler temperatures (for you anyway...)! I so wish I could watch all the shearing going on. I pray that your dear husband is refreshed this weekend, as well. May the whole family have a really enjoyable time together.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement Dale. Yes, I will encourage her to continue with her singing lessons, we shall see what happens.