Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chocolate

I have sitting in front of me here at work two great big boxes filled with chocolate bars and bags of mini easter eggs. I'm trying hard to resist but they are talking to me. I kid you not! I can hear them! It doesn't help that I skipped breakfast this morning.

That ticker which I have placed on my blog haunts me everytime I log on. If I was honest I would have moved it by now but that would mean moving it in the WRONG direction! I'm hoping I can lose that kilo and then move down from there. I've been hoping that for a few weeks now.

I loathe and detest the fact that my weight is always at the back of my mind. I have no excuses. I'm just being lazy and not getting out there and exercising. I need a kick up the bum. But I just can't seem to find the motivation I need. Its silly, I know that I am in control of what I put in my mouth but comfort eating has become such an ingrained habit that the chocolate is in my mouth before any thought process (that I'm aware of) has even occured. I have even eaten chocolate, felt worse and then for some inexplicable reason eaten more chocolate becasue I think "maybe one more will help". Sometimes I think I am beyond help. Maybe I could get my jaw wired shut.

6 valued opinions!:

Jenny said...

I'm with you girl! I need to lose about 10 pounds...soon. All my clothes are just a little tight. Really I need more exercise, I keep saying I'm going to walk, I'm going to walk and then I blog or read blogs. At least my fingers are skinny!

HisPrincess said...

Yes I have nice firm, in shape fingers too!

So far so good today. I've made it past morning tea time without caving in and buying a chocolate.

I want to go on the biggest loser I reckon. Any fool could lose weight under those circumstances. I just don't want to be weighed on tv in those awful outfits (what is with that? are they tryint to humiliate them even further) or get voted off!

Joanie said...

I love this blog post! I needed a good 'dose' of laughter today...

AS you are aware, I'm supposed to be going 100% sugar free (including chocolate). I have cheated this weekend thoough and purchased one last ricemilk choco bar and then a box mix of gluten-free brownies. Just what I needed! The chocolate bar was tasty, but I am finding that I'm losing my sweet tooth a bit. The brownies have left me dissatisfied for some reason. I have been praying and praying for God to set me free from my sugar cravings and listening to the lies of this world, but I have so struggled! The more I focus on my body being the Lord's temple the more it does help my mindset and to resist temptation (though I do stumble and have to seek His forgiveness). I'll have to pray for each of us that the Holy Spirit will empower us to "just say NO" to sugar and that our 'desire' for it will be removed too! I'll let you know how I progress. Keep me posted on your own progress... Joanie

P.S. My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds by the end of summer!

Leah Adams said...

Thank you, thank you for your prayer over me!! It means so much to me. The Lord is beginning to give me an idea of what to cut back on. Keep praying.

Leah

Julie Donahue said...

Hi! I found your post on my blog (Less of Me), but I don't usually post there. YOu can find my update at mom2ways.blogspot.com. I'd love to be weight loss buddies with you!

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Julie.
I need all the help I can get!
As you can see by this post!
Sharon.