Thursday, July 2, 2009

Washing Machine Saga part 678

It's been TWO WEEKS people!

Still no washing machine!

Apparently we are still waiting for parts. How long can it possibly take? Are they coming on a slow boat from China? Is this boat being rowed with tiny little oars?

Am I the only person who thinks it's unreasonable to cope without a washing machine while working full time and doing the laundry of a whole family? Especially when one of those family members is a teenage girl?

Somebody please come and dig me out from this mountain of dirty laundry that I am buried under! It smells really bad under here!

3 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I think that two week is wayyyy too long without a washing machine. I think two days would be too long.

This week I have met two families, Amish families--one with 6 children and one with 11 children. These dear ladies have no washing machine. Monday is laundry day and they do laundry in a large pot over a fire. Talk about primitive. I just pray that we never have to go back to that. I am wayyyyy spoiled, my friend.

Leah

Joanie said...

Call the Calvary! Alert the Navy! Sound the alarm!

Yep. I agree with you... Life without a washing machine ~ your world is just not right. Perhaps you should tell the children: here's the sink, here's the laundry soap and here's the "old fashioned way" of doing laundry ~ so if you want something clean to wear ~ better get busy!

Praying the part arrives soon! (Dog sled from Alaska?) ;)

HisPrincess said...

Kym has dragged my old washing machine out from the shed, which spins but does nothing else.

At least this means I can spin the clothes after hand washing them and then I can put them through the dryer.

A dear friend suggested squirting them with soap, hanging them on the line and letting God do it! We have had some more lovely rain this week.