Saturday, July 11, 2009

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!


RED ALERT!!


This is traffic warning to all residents of South Australia....


Stephanie has her probationary licence!!!
She completed all her lessons with her final drive yesterday. The final drive is where they have to do their test, and she passed with 96%, which is great....really....I mean that!

I'm just glad the whole process is over! It was a lot more expensive than I expected, and a lot has changed since I got my licence!

Firstly she sat for her learners permit - $32 (luckily she passed because if you fail you have to re sit and keep paying!)

Then she had to complete 50 hours of daytime driving and 10 hours of night driving. Who knows how much this cost in fuel. I probably don't want to know.

Then it's time for lessons. She had to complete a minimum of 5 lessons at $100 per lesson.

Yesterday's final drive was also $100.

And finally her probationary licence was $75

So....a total of $707, which doesn't include the fuel!!!

I'm just glad we have a couple of years to recover now before Scott qualifies to get his licence. Although, no doubt the rules will have changed again by then...

Lord, please watch over Stephanie as she enjoys the freedom that comes with having a licence. Protect her on the road and help her make wise decisions. Help her to remember that a drivers licence is a privelige and comes with responsibility. Most of all keep her safe.

5 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Congrats Stephanie! (Thank goodness you don't live in Seattle, because you'd really have a 'heart attack' if she was driving here...)

It's way MORE expensive to get your driver's license there than here ~ probably double the cost. ouch.

Glad it's over (for now)! :)

Leah Adams said...

I'm glad she doesn't have to drive in the madness of the traffic in ATlanta here in the states. It is rush hour from 5:30am until 10:30am and then again from 3pm until 7pm. Ugh!! I do not miss living in the city. Love me some country livin!!

Leah

Kelly said...

WoW that is expensive. But I pray you will both be blessed, that she will be responsible in her freedom, and you will both remain sane during this right of passage. :-)

My ADHD Me said...

Make her go and read all my "minor mishap" posts. Remind her that once she is driving, if she ruins her car, she will be miserable.

And yes, it wouldn't hurt to show her my past Tuesday post either.

Good Luck. i feel for you. Mine is 18 now and every time he calls home my heart still skips a beat.

HisPrincess said...

Hmmmm....and after all that it's ME who puts a dent in the car!!

Just goes to show that you can't be complacent...it's not always another car that causes a problem.