Thursday, July 9, 2009

Netball Stress


You may remember my constant whining last year when I told you all about my netball team. How we had almost double the amount of players we needed and what a constant struggle it was to give everyone fair court time....


I said I was never coaching again after that.


Famous last words.


This year in a moment of temporary insanity I decided to not only coach that team again, but to play. Which means I am coaching and playing with my daughter.


Madness.


Our numbers haven't been so abundant this year. And with the loss of Lightening (no commitment!) we are down to nine, sometimes eight (you need seven) players. So not so many headaches there.


But the team doesn't seem to be as cohesive this year as it was last year. There has been nit picking and niggling and just general not nicedness (great word hey!). And that is very draining. It's hard to keep that in check while you are trying to concentrate on your own game. Often I'm so busy trying to get it right myself that I don't notice things that happen around me.


To be honest I'm just over it.


I'm really looking forward to the season being over.


Next year I think I will just play.

Steph in action, grand final 2008.

3 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Hmm, sounds like loads of fun. NOT!! Don't you just hate that.

Stephanie looks cute, though!!

Leah

Joanie said...

Well, you said it. Your "famous last words"... I guess I'm not overly sympathetic, because you (mostly) knew what you were getting into and then you decided to play too. Having your cake and eating it too, huh?! ;)

I hope the rest of the season goes better than the beginning...

And yes, we'll remind you again next season of your "famous last words"! :P

HisPrincess said...

After all of my complaining, Saturday was a really enjoyable game.

Everyone was nice (even Stephanie!) and we all got along and enjoyed our game together.

We shall see what next week brings!