Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hope

There is always hope.


To our Lord, no one is hopeless, or a lost cause.


Something I would do well to remember...


This week something wonderful happened on Sunday. Stephanie came to church. She got up, dressed and asked if I would mind if she came along. Mind? I think not!


I told her I would love her to join me. And so she did.


I can't describe the feeling of standing next to her singing worship songs. Actually mostly I just listened to her sing them. She didn't know them all, as she hasn't been to church in quite some time but she is a fast learner and picked them up really quickly.


I love listening to her sing. But listening to her sing worship songs, now that is something else entirely.

She has a beautiful, sweet, clear voice that is well suited to worship! I hope and pray that she uses her gift solely for the glory of the Lord some day.

I'm not sure what made her decide to come. Whether it was to see her friend Sophie (whose wonderful positive influence on Steph is something I am eternally grateful for), or to please me, or (I dare not hope) because she wants to know the Lord.

Lord, thankyou for the time I spent sharing worship with Stephanie this week. These moments are so precious to me and I pray that Stephanie will grow to love you and live to worship you.

5 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Praise God.

Leah Adams said...

Praying works so beautifully. Keep it up. perhaps Stephanie's heart is softening and she is feeling a need to draw closer to Him.

Thanks for leaving your comments over at my most recent post. Those verses DO NOT even begin to suggest that you are in trouble, my friend. You are safe and secure in the hand of God and nothing or no one can ever snatch you out of His hand.

Leah

Kelly said...

Praise the Lord! Wooo!

HisPrincess said...

I am certainly praying that Stephanie's heart is softening, and counting on being safe in the hand of God!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Joanie said...

What a beautiful post ~ touched my heart deeply... This photo of her is quite precious too.

Keep praying and believing. What a lovely gift for you!