Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Green with Envy!

Tomorrow, a very dear friend of mine (Lightening) is leaving for a HUGE holiday.

She is taking her husband, and her three kids along the East Coast of Australia in a caravan for three whole months.

I'm so jealous!

I'm also extremely happy and excited for her. If anyone deserves good things to happen to her it's Lightening. She has been an absolute blessing to me and I treasure her friendship immensely.

But I'm also sad.

I won't see her for three whole months! I know I will hear from her, and I will be able to keep tabs on her via her blog, but that's not the same as a cuppa and a chat, or a prayer after church when I really need it. And she always seems to know when I really need it.

Lord, please be with Lightening and her family as they make final preparations today for their big trip. Please watch over them as they travel and grant them safe passage. I know they will bless everyone they meet, and I pray that they meet many interesting people and enjoy every moment they spend together.

5 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

I, too, am excited for Lightening ~ but also feel your sadness having a dear friend away for an extended period of time...

It will be an exciting time for them, but also for you as you watch how God will unfold more of who He is to you during this time!

And think of how wonderful it will be when she returns home and you celebrate being reunited in person!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I hope to meet up with them when they are in Sydney!

My ADHD Me said...

I can understand your feelings exactly.

When you're having a rotten day and If you need to vent on your post a bit to get it out of your system (sense she won't be there), well, we're all here! :)

Take Care

HisPrincess said...

She is on her way!

Got a text from her earlier saying the kids were being feral already!LOL! I assured her that it's just first day excitement. They will either kill each other or get over it!

Lightening said...

*sniffle* That was just beautiful. Thank you and {{{HUGS}}} from afar. :-)

And no, WE'RE NOT THERE YET!!!!! LOL.