Friday, February 13, 2009

Ten things

Naomi has tagged me to dig up some dirt on myself and post ten things about me...

So, here goes...

1) I like lists, and notebooks, notebooks with lists. And boxes. I like to pack things up neatly in boxes and label them.

2) I worry. All the time. About everything and everyone. Mostly about my kids.

3) I love chick flicks. They make me cry, but in a good way.

4) Sometimes I am not a very nice person. I can be blunt, and abrupt, and just plain grumpy.

5) I have a terrible memory. Which means I can't hold a grudge, because I can't remember why I was angry.

6) I love my church, and I feel unworthy of being there most of the time. I have this dreadful fear that they will find me out for the fraud that I am and kick me out.

7) I love to sing. Especially for the joy of the Lord. Nothing makes my heart more glad than singing a beautiful, meaningful worship song.

8) I have struggled with being overweight all my life. I've never been really really overweight but just not comfortable in my own skin.

9) I am a cat person. Most of you are probably well aware of this by now!

10) I struggle to tell the people I care about that I care about them. I can write it down, email it, but I can't SHOW it. I even struggle with this with my husband. Often I will come home from work to find he's done something wonderful like cooking dinner, or doing the dishes or the washing and for some reason I struggle to even say thank you. What's with that?

So there you go. I'm not going to tag anyone but if you want to join in let me know and I'll pop over and read up on you!

5 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Thanks for sharing...

I love you dearly, my special friend! :o) And, you show me quite well that you care for me. Thank you for this precious gift...

My ADHD Me said...

1. I am right there with you. I think I am the queen of organizing and listing. Too bad i am the more organized UNORGANIZED person you could ever know.
2. Although I worry about my kids. I have been able to convince my self that almost EVERYTHING we worry about, doesn't come true. Therefore, we have wasted valuable time and stress for nothing.
3.No too. But Never Ever tell ANYONE!!!
5. Me too. And that is So frustrating!!
6. Sometimes I feel that way around my friends.
7. I love to sing, but woe to the other people that are close enough to hear.
8. OK, I'm starting to think that maybe we are related.
9. OK, I take it back. We definitely are not related (cats)
10. OK again, We are related.

Have a great day!

My ADHD Me said...

#3 should have said Me Too!

Anonymous said...

You know, maybe with no.10, if you asked the people around you, they would probably say you do show it, in your own way... We all have different ways of showing and saying we care, and we're appreciative. That one you mentioned just caught me, as my Mother, who is 60 today btw (and I am up too late to be pleasant at any party!!!), often is not heard saying thank you, and she's aware of this, but she will smile the most beautiful smile, or look excited, or later you'll find something sweet hiding under something, totally unexpected, or in my sister's case, she finds her washing folded, ironed and put away... And we'll get a thank you now and then, and you know she means it and it often comes heaped with other encouraging words, and well, it all irons out... And, I'm sure that it would be the same with you and your family...

I can relate to No.4 and 5 and 7 and 8 - TOTALLY!

Edie said...

I am right there with you on #1 and #7. I enjoyed your *List*. :)