Friday, February 13, 2009

I TOLD you it was hot!

I received an email from a friend this morning and just had to share. These pictures were taken in the Port Lincoln National Park which is just south of the city of Port Lincoln.

You know it's hot when the wildlife take to the beach for a swim....and just in case you are wondering, this is not normal behaviour for a kangaroo!
A bit of trivia for you...kangaroos don't have sweat glands, they cool themselves by licking their forearms and letting the breeze do the rest. Obviously this poor lass was sick of licking her arms and decided to think outside the square!
Isn't she beautiful?

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Hope she didn't drink. THEN she'd be parched!!! What a fantastic scene. Bless her padded paws!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is a strange sight! Clever roo. :)

Leah Adams said...

Wow!! What a fantastic sight! I'd love to see a kangaroo in the wild. Guess I'll just have to come to Australia!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Naomi: I hope she didn't drink either!

Lightening: I thought it was pretty clever too.

Leah: Yes, we have plenty of them here. Saw a bunch of them in one of our paddocks on the way to work this morning. I asked them very nicely to stay where they were and to not hop onto the road, and I'm happy to say they obliged!

Joanie said...

What a delightful and gorgeous creature...

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the pictures... Would have thought you were telling me a tall tale!

Kudos to the photographer too. :o)

sailorcross said...

What awesome pictures!!! How eonderful would this be--to see a kangaroo up close and personal? Not happening here!!

Guess we'll all have to come to visit you!!

Beth

Kelly said...

Poor baby! I'm glad she's cooling off.

Heard the wildfires are really bad there as well, and saw a Koala that was saved on our news here.

HisPrincess said...

I can't believe the koala has made it to your news!

He has become a celebrity here!