Thursday, February 12, 2009

The design stages...

The project has begun....


I've scanned Steph's design so you can see what she has in mind. We were able to find a pattern similar but without the lace underlay which Melissa assures me is really easy. The dress will be white satin, the bits with the little flowers is a silver lace overlay. Steph originally designed the bow to be at the front but now she's decided she wants it at the back, and of course that could change again.

We were really lucky yesterday with the fabric. Melissa was on her favourite fabric website and found that they were having a 50% off sale on all dress fabric. That means that we have purchased the satin, tulle for petticoat, lace, boning, zipper and even the cotton for just over $100! Now that's a bargain in anyone's language.

Like I said. We are so blessed to have Melissa.

6 valued opinions!:

Edie said...

Oh this is going to be beautiful! Melissa is in her element and I bet she is LOVING that she gets to make this. I know I would be. I haven't sewn in a number of years. Looking forward to seeing the results, including the calico 1st draft dress. :)

Leah Adams said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Edie: Yes Melissa is having a wonderful time. People who sew must enjoy this kind of thing...I've told her to stand by for the wedding dress!

Leah: I can't wait to see the finished product either!

Anonymous said...

oh how feminine it is. Must be a great bonding time for you and your gal!

Lynette
Adelaide

HisPrincess said...

Yes it is feminine which surprised me a bit. Steph has never really been a "girly" girl.

She says this is her princess dress. Her wedding dress (which she has already planned) will be much more elegant!

Joanie said...

Stephanie shall be stunning!