Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lazy Days at the Beach

We have been have a fabulous time at the beach. Stephanie and Scott have spent a lot of time swimming, skiing, fishing, diving and just hanging out with friends. Scott leaves in the morning, visits briefly for lunch and then disappears again. It's a lovely safe little holiday town where we know almost everyone so the kids have been enjoying the freedom that comes with that.

Below is a picture of Stephanie out diving. Kym takes the kids out in the boat and they use that as their base. Here she is trying to pick up a jelly fish in Kym's net. I'm not sure why!



And here is Stephanie again, relaxing on the front lawn at the shack. Behind her is a tractor tube that we blow up every year and anchor out in the water. The kids spend hours jumping in it, floating in it, and diving from it.


And here is Stephanie again....I promise to take some photo's of Scott soon! It's just that he's really hard to catch! Stephanie is knee boarding behind the boat, and having a great time as you can see.

So there you go, a snapshot of what we have been up to in the past week. I have read a novel and completed two jigsaws and caught up with friends for lots of chats over coffee.

Back to work on Monday. Sigh.






6 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Stephanie looks so relaxed and happy! You sound quite happy yourself... :o) Such a beautiful place and a lovely holiday time for all of you!

Now, I haven't seen any pictures of you though. Hmmm. Hope you'll post at least one of yourself.

All good things come to an end ~ (well at least temporarily) physically you may not be at the beach - but you've had a lovely holiday, you're refreshed and ready to bring some sunshine and ocean breezes back to work with you!

I've missed you and look forward to being in touch with you again... :o)

Anonymous said...

I was just popping in to drop you a line; my blog page hasn't caught up to this latest post, so I was delighted to see your pics and learn you've all had a great holiday! Wonderful! I hope 'real life' takes a long time to sink in...

Leah Adams said...

Knew you must be very relaxed and having a great time since we hadn't heard from you in blogland!!

Stephanie is beautiful. Where are the pics of you and Kym???

Glad you had a good one!

My ADHD Me said...

It looks like you all are having SO much fun!
I'm a wee bit jealous....It is FREEZING here!!!

:)

Kelly said...

I'm jealous, and would love to be there having sun & fun (& coffee!) with you. Enjoy!

HisPrincess said...

Joanie: I'm a bit camera shy! And I'm usually the one holding the camera...well, that's my excuse anyway!

The holiday hasn't come to a complete end. I will travel to work from the beach which is about a 40 minute drive so not too bad. And the view is worth coming home to!

Naomi: Glad you caught me! I will be regular again now though. I can now surf the net wherever I go since we purchased a prepaid internet modem for Steph's laptop. It's great, means she can surf the net when we are away, and no nasty bills! It's just like her phone, when she runs out of credit she has to pay for more...or her too soft mum pays for more...

Leah: yes I have had a very relaxing time. The weather hasn't been perfect but we have had a few really lovely days.

My ADHD Me: I just can't imagine freezing in January! It's just not right! And yes, we have been having a great time.

Kelly:If you leave now you might make it just in time for coffee before we pack up and leave the shack at the end of next week!