Monday, January 19, 2009

Over it!

Good morning.

Today is another Monday in the drudgery that has become my life.

If you wouldn't mind I would really appreciate your prayers as I consider what steps to take.

Here are the issues:

  • I'm feeling quite pressured and stressed at my job at the moment. There is a lot of responsibility involved and I'm not really sure that I'm up to it.
  • I've been here 8 years, and as my title says, I'm just feeling a bit over it!
  • My employers are great people. I've worked for some not so great ones so I know that these ones are good. I feel a bit like I would be betraying them if I left.
  • There is another job available in town that I'm considering applying for, but it's a contract position that requires you to re apply every two years or so, whereas my job here is permanent and secure.
  • I don't think I'm a very nice person to live with at the moment. I come home exhausted and stressed and grumpy and often teary.
  • I only have 18 months til I'm due for long service leave.

So there you go. I would like a definate and clear direction from the Lord telling me what I should do. The only thing that really scares me is the contract part. With the economy the way it is it's nice to have job security.

I guess I could just go ahead and apply, and if I got the job that would be my answer?

Hmmmm.

Dear Lord, please help me with some direction as to which path I should take. If I am to stay here help me to do my job well so that I don't feel out of my depth. If I am to leave then please help with that transition. Mostly just help me out and tell me what I should do!

5 valued opinions!:

My ADHD Me said...

Security is important.
You trust and like the people you work for.
Your job is secure.
It all sounds good...

On the other hand...if you are miserable it may not be worth it.
Hard decision.

Can you hold out 18 months?
Is it a long leave at that time?

Good Luck.
Praying God leads you in the right direction.

Kelly said...

Only God has the wisdom needed. May you hear his voice clearly.

Edie said...

I will pray for you Sharon. I worked at a job for 11 years and grew to hate it. For different reasons than you have but I was stressed and miserable. I was praying and praying that God would allow me to work from home. I am my only source of income. For a long time God did not prompt me to do anything. Just stick with it.

Then all at once He said NOW. It wasn't a clear voice but more of a pressing on my soul that it was time to move. So I told Him I would step off the cliff and trust Him to have His hand there or stop me if I misunderstood. After I took the step He gave me lots of confirmation that it was in His Perfect Timing.

I have been home for a year and His hand is still there. He promises never to leave you or forsake you. You will know in your heart what you should do.

off topic - I noticed that you posted this tomorrow. Ha!

Stacy said...

Praying for you. Praying that the Spirit will impart you with the wisdom to know 'what next' and the ability to discern the Words of God when He does speak. God bless!
Stacy

HisPrincess said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I have decided to stay where I am, and try to be grateful for what I have. Easier said than done at times!