Friday, January 30, 2009

Bye Bye Chocolate

Today in my lunch hour I joined a weight loss program.

This means that I have a new little food and exercise diary to fill out each day, and a plan to follow, and most importantly a nice lady (who I know really well, and who is also on this program) will weigh me every week.

It's that kind of accountability that I need to succeed. I can't be accountable to myself. I tell lies to myself all the time. Or I skip my weekly weigh in. But there will be none of that with Karen. She is going to keep me on the straight and narrow. I hope.

As I type this I am ceremoniously eating my last chocolate. And I'm not even really enjoying it, it's too hot for chocolate. It keeps melting on my fingers. Actually, I'm throwing it in the bin because there is no point in eating chocolate if I'm not enjoying it.

So tomorrow I'm starting on the road to creating a new me. Wish me luck!

6 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on doing this!

sailorcross said...

Oh, congratulations on your way to a healthier you!!

I know a lot of peoples that are on this same journey, including me!!

Today is weigh-in day, so hopefully my kitty tracker on warmHarte moves a little more today.

I see you have a ladybug tracker. I'll be cheering you on!!

Beth

Leah Adams said...

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! WE will be your cheerleaders. Go Sharon, go Sharon, go, go, go!!!

Can you tell I was NEVER a cheerleader in high school?? Oh well, I'll be yours.

Leah

My ADHD Me said...

Giving up Chocolate!!
Good For You!

Of course your letter must be
"C" !!

HisPrincess said...

Wendy: Thanks for the encouragement.

Beth: Lets keep our kitty's and ladybugs moving in the right direction!

Leah: Wow, my very own cheerleader. We don't have cheerleaders here for high school. Just professional one's for professional sports. I remember watching TV shows from the US when I was a teenager and wishing I could be a cheerleader. I just liked the outfits!

MyADHD: Now that's just mean! LOL! I would have done the same thing of course!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I should steer clear for a while? LOL. Just kidding.

I start back at boot camp Monday. Here's to both our success! :)

P.S. Are you keen to get back into gymming it this year?