Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mum is getting nervous

I'm getting so nervous on behalf of Stephanie.

I really don't know why I let her perform...it just stresses me out too much. I love listening to her sing. I love it when she sings in the car, I just adore the sound of her voice. BUT. I don't enjoy watching her perform. I think I get more nervous than she does. Actually Iam sure of it.

She did a "dress rehearsal" last night. We went shopping yesterday and found the most adorable dress. It's black and white checked, fitted to the waist and then pleated skirt with a wide red belt at the waist. Very tailored and it looks absoulutely stunning on her. Of course she has red shoes to match and the whole look is just stunning. But I might be a little bit biased!

So there she is in her gorgeous dress and her red shoes practising. I loved listening to her practice. For one thing it reassures me that she has been practising (which I wasn't entirely sure about!), and I could just relax and enjoy it because there was no pressure. I'm terrified of something bad happening to her and crushing her confidence. I just want her to feel good about herself and be happy. Not so much to ask?

So here's the thing. Stephanie sings on Sunday night the 25th of January (Australian time). I've no idea what time that is for you folk in the US but I'm guessing you are smart enough to work it out! I would really appreciate your prayers for both Stephanie and her extremely stressed out Mum!

Dear Lord, please help Stephanie be the best that she can be on Sunday night. I pray that her performance goes well and she is happy with how she goes because she is her own worst critic. I pray that the experience is positive and confidence boosting for her.

3 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Ohhhh.... I know exactly how you feel for I've been there with you many times! I encourage our children in their areas of giftedness, but every time it's "show time" my stomach gets butterflies, I feel a bit sick, my head starts to throb and I can't completely enjoy what's happening at the moment, cause I'm stressing out!

Benjamin has been playing French horn for a number of years now and it's only this school year that I'm not in a panic to pray through the whole performance so that he plays well (as if I can actually cause it to happen). I'm finally learning to just relax and enjoy. If mistakes happen or he's less than pleased, I can offer words of encouragement. I've learned that the best thing I can do as a Mom is be supportive, know failure is going to happen (we all experience it) and be a catalyst to help my children learn to cope with life when things don't go their way.

I shall pray for you and Stephanie. May God bless your time together at the singing competition and be glorified through her voice. And may His peace and JOY fill you to overflowing ~ no matter the outcome! :)

*Picture of Stephanie in this darling dress???? I want to see!

My ADHD Me said...

I am sure you are more nervous than she is.

I feel literally sick before my kids do something like that...meanwhile, they're wondering what they're going to have for dinner or something like that!!

HisPrincess said...

Steph says she was busy worrying about climbing stairs in her heels!