Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last Day

Today was officially the last day of my holidays. And it was a glorious day so I thought I'd better get out and take some of those photo's I promised you! Below is our humble beach shack. Kym's Grandpa built it with the help of his Sons (Kym's Dad and Uncle). It's pretty basic but it has everything we need....and a million dollar view.This is not the million dollar view... this is Scott vegging on the couch. He was watching the cricket. Australia vs South Africa. We lost. We all fight over this position on the couch at some point during our stay. I generally win.



Now here is part of the view. This is the jetty that the kids jump off, swim around and under, and Scott infoms me that this year he learned to do a back flip off it. Don't think I need to see that. Kym wanders up to the jetty most mornings to catch some squid (calamari) which he uses for bait when he goes out in the boat fishing for whiting.

And here is the beautiful beach. This is the beach that I promise myself that I will walk every day. I promise myself this every year. And every morning while I sit out the front sipping my coffee watching others walk and even run (show offs!) along the beach I really do consider joining them. I have walked around to the point and back several times, but certainly not every day, and I have to admit, at a pretty leisurely pace!



Here is what has become the shack nemesis. Every year I take along a jigsaw puzzle, and this year I have managed to complete two, so I decided to be brave and pull this one out from the back of the cupboard. I have attempted it every year for about 5 years now and this is as far as I have been able to get. It's REALLY hard! IMPOSSIBLY hard, and so very frustrating! But, even if it take me 100 years I am going to complete it one day.....although possibly not this year!


So there you go, a few snapshots so you can picture what Ive been doing with myself. Not much really, and loving every minute.
Time for me to head off to bed and back into the real world tomorrow.


8 valued opinions!:

sailorcross said...

Hi Sharon!!

I just checked your last two posts.

Looks like a wonderful and relaxing time. I wish I were there--we're sitting in the middle of ice and freezing!!

Is the water really that blue? The ocean here has a rather green tinge to it!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so making me long for a Get-Away just like the one you just had! How wonderful that you can look forward to that every year!!! Twenty-one years ago - argh!, that sounds so long ago... - I stayed with my friend's family in a shack on the beach so very like yours in Geraldton, WA. It was a great holiday! Who wants holidays in high-rise Gold Coast apartments when you can have a priceless beach shack with the beach almost seemingly to yourself!!! That stretch of beach is superb... I hope you are feeling beautifully refreshed... N x

Leah Adams said...

Ok, so when can I come for a vacation??? I've always wanted to visit Australia!!

Leah

Edie said...

I love your snapshots.

Oh how I miss walking on the beach. I remember going for the longest walks and not even realize I had gone as far as I had.

That puzzle looks hard!! I love puzzles too. Would love to help you with it. Mmmm maybe I should plan a trip to Australia! LOL!

Joanie said...

What a lovely holiday you've had. Beach shack is so quaint. The view is breath-taking. The beach is amazing (and I would walk on it most days) and fuss at you to go with me! (I'd be pretty persistent.)

You sound refreshed and relaxed ~ and NO I wouldn't want to go back to regular life and work either!

BUT ~ glad you're back! :o)

Kelly said...

I don't have the patience for puzzles, but would happily sip coffee and watch walkers with you. Maybe we'd even have a walk. Sounds divine!

HisPrincess said...

Beth: Yes the water really is that blue. On a calm clear day even bluer. Sometimes it's so clear Kym complains that he can't catch any squid because they can see what they are eating!

Naomi: We have done the high rise Gold Coast holidays (my family are from Toowoomba) and the kids love that too, don't think I'd like to do it every year though.

Leah: You are welcome anytime!

Edie: yes the puzzle is ridiculously hard. I'm sure I'll be at it for some time to come so plenty of time for you to come help!

Joanie: I have to admit that the times I did walk the beach was the times that a friend came along and "encouraged" me.

Kelly: I'm starting to think I don't have the patience for puzzles either, I'm hoping doing them will teach me patience...NOW!

Joanie said...

Heading to bed, but stopped by to "peek" at the beach so I could hold that image in my mind as I fall asleep ~ imagining us walking and talking and playing a bit in the water now and again... :o)

Goodnight, dear friend!