Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Two days to go.

I'm working today and tomorrow and then that is IT. Well for about 10 days anyway.

We had a lovely Christmas. Quiet, but lovely. Ate too much. Of course.

Today I have much to do since I'm away from Thursday through til the following week.

And there is also a New Years party to organise, which we will have at the beach. We do it every year and I never know how many people are going to turn up, and it doesn't matter. Everything is just more laid back and casual when you are at the beach. Nothing much bothers me. Perhaps I should move there permanently!

I have spent four wonderful days at the beach and the effects are showing. I'm calm. Not stressed about the amount of work I need to get done because I know there is a reward! And just a little bit sunburnt. The weather has been perfect so Kym has done lots of fishing. He took Stephanie and Amber (her cousin, born a day apart) fishing and they caught lots. The photos with the big smiles are priceless. I will share when I'm home. Can't seem to upload photos from the work computer for some reason. The kids have worn themselves out skiing, wakeboarding and swimming and are sleeping very well each night.

I'm at work tomorrow so I might bring some photos and give uploading them another go.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas!

Blessings
Sharon.

7 valued opinions!:

Kelly said...

It makes me smile to hear of all the summer fun..during Christmas. The holiday of COLD weather to me. I am so glad you all are enjoying the vacation!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Joanie said...

Delighted to hear Christmas was good and the beach very relaxing...

And, I'M TOTALLY JEALOUS! (Can't wait to see the pictures).

Happy New Year and abundant blessings in 2009!

HisPrincess said...

Kelly: summer fun during Christmas is perfectly normal to us!

Joanie: I promise there will be pictures! I took some great ones of the girls fishing yesterday, and Scott managed to ski on a single ski for the first time so we had better get some photo's of that. He has managed to get out of the water on two ski's and then drop one off but yesterday was the first time actually got up on one. His arms are killing him today!

Edie said...

Hi Sharon! So glad you had a nice Christmas. Sunburnt in December? Well that's just a sin. LOL! Looking forward to the pictures. Enjoy your New Year.

sailorcross said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!! The beach is one of my very favorite places to be--move there--I could in a heartbeat!

And I agree, so relaxing and stress free--just what you needed.

I'm glad you had a good CHRISTmas and are having a wonderful, relaxing time at the beach!!

How long would it take me to get to this New Year's Eve party??

Beth

Leah Adams said...

Wow!! Sounds like you are totally relaxed. I would love to say that I am, but I am starting my preparations today for New Years Day when I feed over 50 people lunch. Lots of work but we really enjoy it!!

Leah

Joanie said...

Don't forget to have pictures taken of yourself too!