Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Blessing

We sing this simple blessing as a benediction at church and I just love it. We have some fantastic voices in our congregation and when they go into harmonies it brings tears to the eyes.

May the feet of God walk with you,
and His hand hold you tight.
May the eye of God rest on you,
and His ear hear your cry.
May the smile of God be for you,
and His breath give you life.
May the Child of God grow in you,
and His love bring you home.
Says it all doesn't it.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas filled with love and meaning. May the Lord be before you and behind you, above and below you. May His presence that you celebrate at Christmas stay with you through every day and night of the year.
Thank you to all my blogging friends for sharing your lives throughout the year. Thank you for all the advice, prayers, laughs and tears. I can't wait to see what next year holds.
Blessings,
Sharon.

7 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

God gave me a precious gift when He brought us together as FRIENDS! My life is fuller, my heart is happier and my spirit sings more often, because we're friends. You are a tremendous blessing in my life. You're willing to listen, willing to offer advice, encourage me and pray for me. I feel like we've known each other for years, but it's only been a short time ~ though I'm praying we're friends for many years to come!

Joyous Christmas blessings dear friend. I love the benediction song you sing at your church - wow! It says it all... I am so thankful that the real gift between us is the love of Jesus Christ and a friendship that will continue to bless both of us for a long time to come! Thank you Jesus!

May your time at the beach be refreshing and revitalizing. (And, I want to see PICTURES). Love you, my friend. ...and don't let Stephanie eat all your chocolate sauce! ;)

sailorcross said...

I love your benediction--yes, you are right--it does say it all!!

A blessed CHRISTmas to you and your family, Sharon!!

Beth

Kelly said...

BEautiful! This year I am blessed with having "met" so many new friends, like you.

Merry Christmas Sharon!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, Sharon!

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your family. Enjoy your beachside holiday... I second the pictures, please!!!;)

Leah Adams said...

What a beautiful, beautiful song!! I've never heard it. Thank you for sharing it!! I hope you had a blessed Christmas!!

Leah

My ADHD Me said...

Merry Christmas.

I am finally trying to catch up on all my friends blogs. I was just reading your previous post and I understand completely what you were saying. It seems this year I got SO "busy" that I forgot to sit and relax and enjoy. And I, like you, don't really know what the problem was. It wasn't even the shopping as we scaled way back on that a few years ago. Even so, the little bit of shopping that I did do, got put off til the last minute. And again, I (like you) am normally done much earlier.

SO, Christmas is over. Christ's birthday has come and gone and we both either stressed or just didn't "get" it as much as we should have. What are we going to do? Well, I for one am going to try to focus (ha, easy for me to say!), anyway, I for one am going to try to focus on what's important. Besides Christ and my children I am going to try to remember that one of the things that is important is Me. AND, one of the things that makes me happy is relaxing and reading my friends blogs. I had allowed myself to be too busy lately but I've missed you all.

Hey, was I rambling? How odd for me. (gee, it's good to be back!)

Smile Sharon!!!

HisPrincess said...

Joanie: I am very thankful for our friendship. Trust the Lord to use technology to bring his "Princesses" together!

Beth: Yes it's a beautiful song. One day if I get clever enough I'll video our congregation singing it...not sure if that will happen but it sounds wonderful and would be worth the effort. Perhaps I could get clever Lightening to do it.

Kelly: Hope you had a great Christmas! I will post photos when I'm home from the beach. I'm at work at the moment and cant do it from here but I have been taking lots!

Naomi: Have had a few days at the beach so far and it's been a real tonic. See above comment to Kelly re photos!

Leah: Hope you also had a blessed Christmas. Thanks for you thoughts and wisdom over the past few months, I've learned a lot from you!

ADHD: We are ridiculously similar in some ways! You always make me smile because I completely get where you head is at...which is a little scary when you think about it! Great to see you back. I've missed you!