Monday, December 1, 2008

Tree Day!

Today, being the first day of December is tree day for us. Of course we cheated a little and put the tree up yesterday afternoon. Close enough!

I used to let the kids decorate the tree and then when they had gone to bed I would sneak out and rearrange it. I reprimanded myself many times but just couldn't walk past a lopsided tree where the decorations were all on the bottom....I tried to be a good parent but I just couldn't.

Well, the tables have turned. Stephanie is now chief tree decorator. And it had to be done HER way. I got to hand her the decorations. She let Scott put a few decorations up....and then moved them when he wasn't looking! I've created a monster!
And here she is with her tree. We weren't allowed to have tinsel because it's "tacky" and we weren't allowed to have lots of different colours because all gold is so much more "classy". Sigh. The oversized loveheart sunglasses are definately a "classy" touch!
The finished product complete with presents. Of course I got told off because I don't have all matching paper. Honestly, the child has turned into a bossy little perfectionist elf. I've no idea where she got that from!

Here is the tree with the lights on. I love Christmas lights, and Christmas decorations, and Christmas carols, and Christmas food....and just Christmas!

Dear Lord, thank you for this special time of family sharing. I pray that one day my whole family will celebrate Christmas with hearts full of wonder and joy at the miracle of Your birth.

8 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Could you please send Stephanie to America so she can decorate my tree? This year I am choosing NOT to put up a Christmas tree or go all out with decorations. Some years I do put up a tree and some I don't. We have no children in the house so I don't feel the pressure to spend those 6 or 7 hours doing the tree. Yes, call me Scrooge or the Grinch or whatever but that is just the way it is.

Have a great week!!

HisPrincess said...

6 or 7 hours? Good grief! It took Stephanie less than an hour. I'm sure she would love to come decorate your tree!

We are a bit more excited about the tree this year because we will be home on Christmas morning for the first time in several years. It will be nice to have just us, and creat our own Christmas morning tradition.

My ADHD Me said...

I think that is wonderful that you will all be together for the first time in several years! And the tree looks gorgeous!
We'll have to all chip in and fly her here to help decorate our trees.
Don't worry, we'll have her home in time for Christmas.
LOVE THE GLASSES!!!!

Kelly said...

Shorts and Christmas. It's not Virginia there, that's for sure!

loved the tree and the story. You should see mine. 90% of the ornaments are from waist high and down, where my 2 little ones decorated it. Love it!

Jenny said...

How fun! The girls put mine up yesterday, and they wouldn't use my favorite ornaments because they are cheesy!

I may add them in a few days too.

I love when I drive home and I see the christmas tree ligths so warm and homey!

Jen

Toia said...

I think Stephanie did a pretty good job. As for matching paper, I just grab whatever wrapping paper that is in my grasp. Believe it or not, my husband prefer matching wrapping paper.

PS - Thanks for stopping by...Happy Monday!!! :)

Edie said...

The tree looks beautiful! I used to rearrange (slightly) with my daughter was little. Now she does it with her kids and I let them put all the ornaments wherever they want! LOL.

HisPrincess said...

You know I'm tempted to put some "tacky" tinsel on just to annoy her!