Monday, November 17, 2008

Warm Fuzzies

Scott and Kym have just played their last game of squash for the Spring pennant. Next week is the grand final and their team was beaten so didn't make it through.

But that's not what has given me the warm fuzzies.

After everyone had played their games I sat back watched Scott challenge his Dad to a match. Scott had no hope of course. But it did my heart glad to watch them. Watching the way that Kym gently directed him and let him win points to boost his confidence. Then he would tell him something he was doing wrong and illustate his point. All without putting him down, or making him feel inferior. And the times that they both just turned around and smiled at me made me smile.

Kym is a gifted sportsman. He could have taken his talent a long way if he had the killer instinct, which he doesn't. There is no arrogance about him when it comes to his natural abilities. He is modest and unassuming and the first to congratulate his competitors on a game well played. This makes him a patient and sensitve teacher.

Scott doesn't have the level of natural ability that his father does. He does however have that competitive spirit. I'm hoping that Kyms good sportsmanship and modesty will rub off on him at some stage!

Lord, thank you for showing me and reminding me that I married a wonderful, kind and patient man. Help me to remember that when I'm feeling hurt or let down. Help me to not focus on the negatives and be the best wife I can be, because he deserves no less.

8 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

What a precious, blessed gift that no amount of money could buy!

Continuing to pray for healing, restoration and blessings beyond measure ~ and believing that Jesus is able to draw each one to Him. He is the God of restoration and reconciliation. May the day you all worship Him together be sooner than later...

Blessings and peace, my friend.

Kelly said...

The Today Show featured Australian today and the drought. I thought of you. They especially spoke of how it is effecting the farmers.

Sounds like Kym is a great dad. What a blessing!

sailorcross said...

That is so wonderful--a dad and his son enjoying and learning together!!

You certainly had a talented family--sports, singing, table sliding--what else do you all do??

Beth

Edie said...

What a precious moment for you and a beautiful blessing from God for a lifetime. :)

HisPrincess said...

Joanie: yes it was a timely reminder for me.

Kelly: Our government have decided that the term "drought" is depressing the farmers so have in their infinate wisdom decided that we are having a "period of dryness" It's not the term "drought" that we find depressing, it's the lack of rain!

Beth: I think I'm going to have to give up table sliding! It took me a long time to recover last time!

Edie: Yes it was just what I needed to make me smile after a busy day.

My ADHD Me said...

With a dad like his, it is probably that Scott will learn the maturity of winning and losing graciously.
And from the sound of things, there will be more winning than losing!

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful thing to watch your children with their Daddy - priceless!

Could you pop by me to 'accept' your award and play along with it, please, pretty please, with a cherry on top.

Hope you're well and have been having a good week...

Leah Adams said...

God bless you, sweet one. Hope you are doing well.

Leah