Saturday, November 8, 2008

Home Again

We made it home safely.

I planned to do a post and show you some great action shots of Scott playing tennis....but somebody forgot the camera (that would be me in case you are wondering!)

At least we got a team photo and individual photo taken by a professional photographer, so he has that as a momento. And of course he has the team shirt and jumper that he gets to keep.

I'm suffering from a bit of a mushy brain at the moment. I had great plans of getting loads of housework done and having a productive day but I'm afraid that hasn't eventuated.

Stephanie is singing in a contest on Saturday, she's known about it for about a month but with the strawberry fete and Scott's tennis we all kind of forgot about it. Until today. Today I have spent almost the entire day searching the internet for either the sheet music or a backing track for the song she wants to sing. It's a lovely song called "The Show" by an Australian singer, Lenka. The song is in our top forty at the moment and usually that means it's pretty easy to find the music. But no. I think I'm going to have to admit defeat and Steph is going to have to come up with something else. She only has a week to practice so she'd better make that decision quickly.

I'm afraid there isn't really any point to my incoherant ramblings today. Just letting everyone know that I'm back. And I'm tired. And maybe just a little bit grumpy.

Think I might make myself a cuppa and go find a book to read.....after I've caught up on everyone's blogs of course. Need to see what I've missed!

9 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. And I'm so pleased the oil came in handy... it's the best stuff ever, I have to by myself a new bottle this week - can't live without it! LOL!!!... Yes, dear, I know what that one means!!!... But there's another one floating around that I don't get. So, when I come across it next, I am going to get right on it and ask you, and provide you with another laugh at my expense... after all, what are friends for!!!

Hope you enjoy another lazy day tomorrow - the housework is always going to be there... Take it easy. Naomi x

Anonymous said...

Oh, I detest it when I spell inncarrektlee!!! Can you see where I need to use my red pen on my previous comment? Now, some people can delete the comments they write, but I don't know how to do that, which is probably a good thing, as I would be deleting an awful lot. But, is this another opportunity for you to laugh at me, 'cause it' actually obvious where and how to delete?...

Edie said...

So glad you're back Sharon. Take a little time to relax. Right after you find that sheet music of course. Ha!

There's no place like home. :)

Lelia Chealey said...

I have been thinking about you!!! How weird to wake up to a comment from you. So glad you are home safely.
Sure she'll do good whatever she sings.
Take care & thanks for being such a blessing!

sailorcross said...

Welcome home!! Sit down with that cuppa and a book and relax a little! The housework will wait--it always does!!

Glad you're home safe and sound and back in your own familiar surroundings!!

Beth

Kelly said...

Welcome back. If you find the music, be sure and video Steph singing and post in on your blog. Would love to hear it!

I thought I was the only mom who always forgot my camara!

HisPrincess said...

Wendy: Thanks, it's nice to be back.

Naomi: I wasn't laughing at you! Honest! LOL!

Edie: I found guitar chords which will have to do. Now she has to get serious about practising.

Lelia: Thanks for stopping by. I often wonder how life is going for you. I say a quick prayer whenever you run across my mind.

Beth: Yes the housework has waited...and it's STILL waiting!

Kelly: I will definately video her but I'm not sure I can get it on my blog just yet. My computer is an antique and I'm not very smart!

My ADHD Me said...

Welcome home. I hope you spent the day doing anything EXCEPT housework!!

Glad you all got back safe and sound!