Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catch up Time...

Hello there Bloggers.

I'm at a point now where I feel ready to enter Blogland again. Sorry my absence was unannounced! Nothing major had happened. I just needed some time away from the computer.

But now I'm back.

And sadly today I'm back with a heavy heart. Another young person has fallen victim to our road toll. One that I knew well, and have watched grow up from a cheeky young boy to a cheeky young man.

I can't help but think of his parents. What kind of nightmare would see you losing your 22 year old son on the eve of Mothers Day? I can't begin to imagine what they must be going through.

Our community will mourn and recover slowly, but will never forget Daniel.

This is the third fatality on our country roads in 12 months. It fills me with fear at the thought that I have one child driving on those same roads, and one about to start.

Lord, please be with Daniel's family at this difficult time. Let them feel your presence and draw comfort from the knowledge that you are there. Help us all to heal and recover from this tragedy. Please keep our children safe on these roads Lord. Help them to make wise and safe decisions regarding their road safety.

1 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I am soooo sorry. What a tragedy and to think your community has had to go through this three times. Heartbreaking!!

Love ya and welcome back,

Leah