Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Light Bulb Moment

Something our speaker said on Sunday really struck a chord with me.

He read from Ezekiel 22:30. Standing in the gap.

And I had a light bulb moment. It dawned on me. God doesn't expect me to lead my family to him, or help him convert them (as if he needs any help). My job is to stand in the gap for them.

So that is what I shall do.

Didn't take me long to work that out. How lucky are we that we have a patient and loving God, who loves us no matter how many times we reject him, or disappoint him, or hurt him.

Lord, Thank you for loving me, and thank you for continually forgiving me when I fail. Please watch over my family. Thank you for loving them even though they may not be ready to accept your love yet.

4 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Glad to see you back here. Thanks for sharing your moment with us. So many of us need to recognize that God doesn't NEED our help....myself included. I put on my "Mrs. God" badge wayyyy too often.

Great post. Hope you are doing well.

Leah

Joanie said...

Rejoicing that God blessed you with an "aha" moment! Yes, prayer is the key...

The eyes of the Father, run to and fro; He's searching the earth, He's looking for those... Who'll make intercession on behalf of their nation; those who will rise up and pray. (I think these are the lyrics from the most powerful songs that has shaped my faith life.) I've not been successful in finding this album on CD and only have in on cassette... This song revealed to me the great importance of God's desire for His people to pray - for people and nations - and He will do the miraculous work!

Blessings upon blessings, my friend! Stand firm, fall to your knees and stand in the gap ~ and then wait and watch as your Father does amazing things you could never have imagined!

You are a mighty warrior of God and your most powerful weapon is PRAYER! Celebrating with you!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I, too, am so glad for our patient, faithful God. I've had a few lightbulb moments in recent times; it's kind of like you do know it, but then it really hits home... Praise the Lord.

Hey, I'm excited about your honey venture, and can't wait to see the final results.

I loved my trip to South Aust., and still can't believe it's over... We would love to make another trip one day soon, but this time it would be by car, just so we could see more of the state. Our friends blessed us so beautifully with a vehicle, but I was a bit restricted being on my own with the boys, in that one of them particularly is not the best traveller!!! But I'll sort him out with that issue!!!!!! ;) I'd so love to see more, and would have loved to have visited you, so perhaps one day... and maybe my little boy could buy some of your honey... he LOVES the stuff!!! Have a wonderful day. God bless! Naomi x

Ginger said...

Good to here from you. I have to get that message frequently.
Hop over to my blog; I have something for you there!