Thursday, May 27, 2010

Front and Centre

I have reached a point where I've managed to almost have God where he belongs, and that is front and centre in my life.

I'm not there yet, but the fact that I'm thinking about it has to be a good thing right?

It's been kind of forced on me. We've had some family situations which have forced me to fall on my knees. And on your knees is a pretty awesome place to be, which surprises me. I'm not good at submission. Not good at all.

What's amazing is that the issues aren't resolved - won't be for quite some time but I'm at peace. I know that God will put me where he wants me to be.

That's not to say that I don't have a plan. I have an idea of what I would like to happen, and what I think would be a good way to move forward. But I'm letting go. I didn't say I've completely let go...because I'm pretty stubborn...but I'm at peace with the idea that the future may not be according to my plan.

And that's a pretty big deal for me.

And it feels pretty good.

4 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

It seems that He is working in so many of our lives to purify and bring us to a place where we are more deeply in love with Him and more usable to Him.

Praying for you. Thank you for your prayers for me. I am doing sooooo much better.

Leah

Edie said...

It sounds like God has put you exactly where He says you belong, under His wing. I'm so glad for the Peace that He has given you. Will pray for your circumstances.

Much love to you Sharon!

Joanie said...

http://www.amazon.com/See-Morning-Chris-Tomlin/dp/B000HT36S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1275438649&sr=8-1-spell

Do you have Chris Tomlin's See the Morning CD? Every song touches my spirit and draws me closer to our wonderful Heavenly Father... Praying He continues to pursue you and draw you into His wonderful love!

pet vet said...

It is so interesting and informative.