Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Other Woman

I often joke that I am not the only woman in my husband's life.

He is a motorbike enthusiast, and the proud owner of a Triumph Sprint 955. For those of you who don't know, thats a pretty cool road bike.

She is the other woman.

Luckily I get to share. Today, being a beautiful spring day we decided to go for a ride. We went to Arno Bay, which isn't far from home, but we went the long way, because on a motorbike it's more about the ride than the destination.

The thing I love the most about riding on the back of the motorbike is how free it feels. You can not only see everything, but you can smell it and hear it too. As you can see it was a beautiful day.

As you can see I feel perfectly safe on the back of a motorbike. So much so that I can take photos of myself in the rear vision mirror! We weren't moving very fast here, as Kym is a bit precious about riding his bike on the dirt. He is up at the shed now, polishing it as we speak!


As I said, we went to Arno Bay. We rode down to the boat ramp and marina to have a look around and see how many boats were out fishing. And just for Joanie, I've snapped a photo of myself, helmet hair and all!


And here she is. The other woman. Even I have to admit, she's pretty gorgeous.

Lord, thankyou for the wonderful afternoon Kym and I have spent together. Thankyou for giving us the opportunity to take time out and just enjoy each other's company.



7 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Awww, makes me miss our bike! We rode a Harley Davidson Road King for several years. We loved it. But alas, we didn't ride much the last couple of years we had it. Just lost the fascination, I suppose. Sometimes I miss it.

Your helmet hair doesn't look too bad. I've had some very bad helmet hair. That is why I always had a doo-rag on beneath my helmet--covers helmet hair great.

leah

Joanie said...

I've just gotten out of bed and popped onto my computer for a few moments...and stopped by to check out your blog!

What a delightful way to start my day!!!! I love that you and Kym spent some quality time together and went for a lovely, I'm-totally-jealous-but-absolutely-happy-for-you ride!

And you look fabulous! Peaceful and happy... I think it's one of my favorite photos of you!

Way to go! I love the photo of your reflection in the side mirror too. A delightful time! So wonderful that you shared it with us too... Here's to many more!

Kelly said...

How beautiful to spend the day with just your hubby & his cycle. You look great with helmet hair! My hair would look CRAZY!

Loved the photos.

Lelia Chealey said...

How fun!

HisPrincess said...

Leah: We have had the bike for a few years now, and don't go for anywhere near as many rides as we used to. Sitting still on the back of a bike isn't great for my knee. I get all seized up....sigh.

Joanie: I only had my phone with me but it seemed to take ok pictures. Although I wasn't really that red faced!

Kelly: Helmet hair is much easier to manage now that I have had it cut short!

Anonymous said...

Great to know you two know how to spend time together without the kids.. Am sure Kym appreciates you more than his other girl.!!! LOL!!

HisPrincess said...

Lynette, I hope so!