Sunday, September 6, 2009

End of the Season

Well....yesterday we lost. So netball is over for my team for another year.

But for me I've decided that netball is over. Full stop. Period. The end.

The last four or five games have been a real struggle for me. I've had some difficult personalities in the team to deal with, illness, teenage drama and my body has really started to complain about the punishment I give it every time I take the court.

So that's it for me.

At the moment I'm comfortable with the decision. Relieved even. I have been over committing in all sorts of areas of my life of late and taking netball out of the equation should make next winter a whole lot easier for me. And for those who have to live with me!

Bring on Summer...my favourite time of year.

5 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

SOunds like you've made a grand effort for a long time Sharon.. and it will also be a big adjustment to make... but maybe you can enjoy next winter a whole lot more!

Lynette

Joanie said...

Sorry to hear your team lost...bummer!

Now, I've heard those 'famous words' before ~ I'm not coaching or playing next season. Perhaps God is trying to get through to you to let go and protect your body ~ but it will be very difficult to do in reality. I've laid down things I've so loved in the past and it's often heart-breaking when the time for that activity starts up again. Thankfully, our God is a good mender of hearts and giver of peace!

Hoping you truly let go and take care of yourself... Blessings, dear friend!

HisPrincess said...

Lynette: I will still be a member of the club, as it's a community sports club and Scott plays footy there. So that means I will still be on the roster for canteen, scoring, timing etc. But not having the pressure to coach and play should be a big help....or I will hate it. We shall see.

Joanie: The season has only just finished and as you can see by the comments on facebook no one really beleives I can do it! I have to say it's nice that they don't want me to leave...

I guess you should never say never but I'm pretty firm in my resolve to at least not play.

Leah Adams said...

Sounds like you are setting boundaries and priorities, my friend. It is not easy but it is so worth it. Good job!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Leah...hopefully I can remain firm in my convictions come netball season next year!