Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gobsmacked

Last night, after my wonderful husband and I sat down and watched Fireproof together I was a bit, well gobsmacked!

First of all, I said after dinner that I was going to watch a movie, which we were thinking about circulating around church for other couples to watch. So there was no ambiguity about what kind of movie it was. We have three televisions and yet Kym chose to watch Fireproof with me.

Gobsmacked.

Not only did he watch it, but he enjoyed it! There is a wonderful, moving and powerful message to this movie but there are also some lighthearted moments, a bit of action and of course some romance so it catered to everyone.

I was a bit concerned he would lose interest and leave once it started to get to the heart of the matter. That you can't maintain true love unless you commit your life to Jesus. But no. He stayed. He listened.

Again. Gobsmacked.

After the movie I had to go outside. I was a bit overwhelmed with this huge blessing that the Lord has given me. I wanted to thank Him, praise Him, shout His name from the rooftops. Instead I just cried, and laughed, and said thankyou over and over. Not very eloquent but I'm hoping the Lord caught my meaning!

Now after the wonder of that beautiful hour and a half that I spent in my husbands and the Lords company I'm starting to doubt. To second guess. To think that he only watched it with me to humour me. I'm afraid to hope.

I have purchased the book "The Love Dare" and hope to encourage Kym to participate in doing it together. Not that I think our marriage is in trouble, but I'm hoping that it will be an experience that can bring us closer together, and closer to the Lord.

Lord, thank you for allowing me to spend time hearing your word with my husband by my side. I pray that the movie had as much impact on Kym as it did on me, and that together we can grow closer to you and serve you with all our hearts.

5 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

see......what a great encouragement to you! Who says God cant work miracles? Enjoy each special moment and pray even more when there are hard moments....

Lynette

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

Don't second guess the Lord!! His ways are so much higher than ours. Take the gift He gave you and simply trust Him to enlarge it and work in Kym's heart!!

I've never heard the term gobsmacked. Does it mean something like being blown away or having your mind blown??

Wait to see what God does next. He is obviously up to something in your hubby's heart.

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Lynette, you have been a great encouragement yourself!

Leah, Gobsmacked is Australian slang for speechless! LOL!

Jenny said...

That is wonderful. Don't doubt, God is at work!

Jen

My ADHD Me said...

What a great post!

And as Leah said, don't second guess the Lord. It looks like He has things well under control!

Hurray!