Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So this is what 40 looks like.

A bit frayed around the edges I'm afraid! Here am I all dressed up and ready for my 40th birthday party. The theme was Hawaiian, I don't generally get around wearing hibiscus flowers for the fun of it! The sash I'm wearing was a gift - it says "40 and naughty". Which I am not!! Much. Well not all the time anyway.

So.... 40. Well, I don't feel any different. Although on close scrutiny I look like I'm in need of a good nights sleep, and perhaps a face lift

I thought it might be fun to come up with 40 things I'd like to achieve in my 40th year.

  1. SLOW DOWN. Take some time out to spend with myself and my Lord
  2. Lose some weight. Don't want to be "fat and forty"
  3. Commit to prayer time every day
  4. Start working on my (dead) garden.
  5. Read a good book
  6. Take the kids to the movies
  7. Take a break with my wonderful husband (a good year to do that, 20th wedding anniversary in April)
  8. Stop working so much overtime.
  9. Quit netball - for good this time.
  10. Help Steph with her studies and her time management.
  11. Help me with my time management!
  12. Ask for a payrise.
  13. Pray daily
  14. Finish a jigsaw puzzle
  15. Have a facial
  16. Learn to quilt (might need your help Joanie!!)
  17. Pay off that darn credit card
  18. Stop using that darn credit card
  19. Buy some new shoes - not sensible ones!
  20. Be happy with my lot in life....

Ok, maybe 40 was a bit ambitious.

Happiness is offering who you are to the world and knowing it's enough....

Have a fabulous year everyone, whether it's your 40th, 80th, or 1st.

7 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

You look great Sharon.. and welcome to the fabulous 40's club.... you will never catch up to me girl so the laughs on you..

Hope you enjoy the ride.....! Its been pretty good so far for me!

Lynette

Leah Adams said...

Happy Birthday!! YOu look beautiful. I hope your birthday was wonderful.

Leah

Rebecca said...

I don't think you were a BIT ambitious for 40! This is the time, my dear, to live "the rest of your life." (The voice of experience here says "Life moves SO quickly from 40 on. You wake up one day and are 60 and can't go back!")

I'm not looking back and regretting though...just telling myself what I just told YOU, "This is the time, my dear, to live "the rest of your life."

Joanie said...

Love the picture! And, I'm thankful you took some time to reflect with your post. It's great that you posted "pray daily" twice...

I just celebrated my "halfway to 90" birthday, so I guess that means you've celebrated your "halfway to 80" birthday... :P

I figure that I'm grown up now, so I'd better decide what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Seriously considering and taking baby steps to go back to school (maybe even in September of this year)! Especially with Nicholas graduating in June - I'm out of a job... So scary though. Ahhhhhhhhh!

So glad we're friends and we can experience these "milestones" together. You look fabulous and I know God's got amazing plans for all the days ahead!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and Forty! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you had fantastic time celebrating... And a wonderful year ahead!!!

God Bless! Naomi x

HisPrincess said...

thanks for the lovely comments and birthday wishes guys.

HisPrincess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.