Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day

I love a sunburnt country
A land of sweeping plains
Of rugged mountain ranges
Of droughts and flooding rains
I love her clear horizon
I love her jewel sea
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me.

That's an excerpt from Dorothea McKellar's "My Country". I have loved that poem from the moment I first read it as a child. It pretty much sums up how I feel about this great place we live in.

That's not to say that I don't want to experience other places of the world. I would love to travel one day, but finances are a bit of an issue there, so that dream may have to wait.

First of all there is plenty of this country that I am yet to see. Our ten year plan includes a trip around Australia (we will be taking Boris of course!) once the kids are settled after they finish school. It's something that I'm really starting to look forward to. There is so much on offer in this great big brown country and I can't wait to see it.

Happy Australia Day!

0 valued opinions!: