Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Drifting...

I know I've already posted today... but I've spent some time reading through the wonderful blogs on my sidebar and I feel prompted to come clean.

All is not well on my faith journey. All is not well with me.

I feel quite seperated from the Lord at the moment. I know how to fix this. But I don't do it. I haven't picked up my bible since early December. I haven't been to church since then either. I am dreading going to church this year. I don't really have any rational reason why, I just don't want to go.

We will be one family short this year. And that is playing on my mind. Melissa is our pianist (we have others, but Melissa is the main one) and I just don't want to worship lead without her. I have had some wonderful times practising with her, choosing songs, planning services.

Church will still be church. And God will still be there which I know in my head is the most important thing. But I still don't want to go.

11 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I would love to talk via email. Email me at pointministries at brmemc dot net when you feel like it.

I admire your honesty and transparency. I'm praying for you.

Leah

Lightening said...

It's going to take some adjusting to get used to them not being there isn't it? :( But you know how Mel would feel about you not worship leading don't you? Besides, you can't give it up. I am and by the time we take me AND Mel out of the equation - well, someone has to do it!

You're not alone in your struggles - I'm not going all that well in my relationship with God at the moment either. I don't think missing church helps.

It also doesn't help when you're on the "hard" Sunday School group and figure 2 out of the first not sure how many, your husband is preaching and can't HELP you. Grrrr!!!

I'm over it all already and we haven't even started the "church year" yet.

Seems to me like Satan is having a field day with us at the moment. :(

Lightening said...

Oops, I forgot...

{{{HUGS}}}

Kelly said...

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29:13-14a

Praying you seek the Lord with all your heart and he brings you back to him. ((hug))

Anonymous said...

Just reread your blog.... it must be hard for you not having those friends there but they have had to make choices for their family just as we all do.. it isnt personal i am sure.. they didnt leave because they really wanted to but because they felt they needed to.... perhaps you could take a weekend to visit them if they are within a drive and enjoy them again.

Perhaps you just need to go and sit in the congregation and not lead for a while, just to help settle your heart and sort your feelings...

Going the first time will always be the hardest of course..

You are not alone by the sounds of it.. so cling to God and your good friends and move ahead slowly.

Praying for you dear sis!!

Lynette

Anonymous said...

Just reread your blog.... it must be hard for you not having those friends there but they have had to make choices for their family just as we all do.. it isnt personal i am sure.. they didnt leave because they really wanted to but because they felt they needed to.... perhaps you could take a weekend to visit them if they are within a drive and enjoy them again.

Perhaps you just need to go and sit in the congregation and not lead for a while, just to help settle your heart and sort your feelings...

Going the first time will always be the hardest of course..

You are not alone by the sounds of it.. so cling to God and your good friends and move ahead slowly.

Praying for you dear sis!!

Lynette

Joanie said...

Praying for you and sending a {{{HUG}}} your way... He will be waiting for you when you're ready! And, He continues to call to you in a gentle whisper. Listen for His voice and how He is trying to speak to you. Also ~ be aware of how He is showing you how much He loves you all around you... He loves you and I love you and that's not going to change!

Anonymous said...

Letting you know i miss your comments and blogs.. hope you are doing ok.
Hugs
Lynette

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I hope you are doing well. You have been on my mind today. I hope that you are finding time for yourself...time to adjust to your friends being gone....time to find what you need at this season of your life....time to be reminded of how much Jesus loves you.

I miss your posts.

Leah

Joanie said...

I miss your posts too... Finding nothing to write about? Finding it harder to post on your blog as it's easier to drop a comment on fb? (I had a real challenge with that myself, but am finding better balance now - actually cutting back somewhat there, as it's taken too many of my relationships to a superficial level.) Still struggling and just don't know what to say? Lost interest in blogging?

Just thinking out loud! I do miss you and hope to see you here again soon! {{{HUGS}}}

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou to all of you.

What a wonderful caring world this blogland is!

I am feeling better and much more positive now....just needed time to sort myself out and seek the Lord.