Sunday, January 20, 2008

Time to get back into it!

Our holidays are over. I have to say I'm pleased to be home. We had a lovely time but I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and I have to admit I really missed my cats. Yes I'm going to be one of those crazy old cat ladies! Come to think of it, I probably already am one of those crazy old cat ladies!

I managed to meditate once! I really enjoyed it and can see it as a lovely calming and spiritual way to wind down. Its just a matter of finding some quiet time where I won't be interrupted. That is always a challenge! I ran up the beach twice, but walked up and down it quite a few times. The important thing is that I had a lovely break and feel refreshed and ready to get back into life.

I applied for a new job last week and have just had a phone call (yes! on a Sunday!) asking me to come in for an interview tomorrow. It's all happening a bit fast since I only put my application in on Wednesday last week. I'm not even one hundred percent sure I want this job. What I do know is that I don't want to "mark time" any longer in the job that I am in and I'm ready for something new and a bit of a challenge. The scary thing is this is a three year contract and at the moment I have a full time job which is quite secure. I know that I need to give it to the Lord and trust that whatever happens is part of His plan for me and it will be what I need. Knowing that and feeling comfortable doing it are two completely different things! Of course there is also the whole issue of stepping out of my comfort zone. This job, while still clerical, is completely different from the one I have been doing for the past 15 years. Scary, scary, scary..............

So, thats where I'm at. If anyone has the time I'd appreciate a prayer or two!

Lord, help me to know that whatever is in store for me is part of your plan. I pray that this job is the right direction for me and that I can learn and grow from the experience.
I'd also like to pray for my daughter as she enters a new school year. I pray that she can continue on with the glimmer of dedication we saw at the end of last term and grow in maturity and faith. Come to think of it, I'm sure I need to grow in maturity and faith too!
Amen.

2 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Sounds like you have an interesting year ahead of you. :)

HisPrincess said...

Its always "interesting" around here! Thanks Jodi. Look forward to catching up.