Friday, January 25, 2008

I don't want to work anymore

Well, I don't mind working but I don't want to GO to work anymore. I just wanna stay home. I've been researching internet businesses on the net but it all looks really scary and most of them have that "too good to be true" ring about them. I don't want to make a ridiculous amount of money, I just want to be able to supplement our farming income (which takes quite a bit of supplementing at the moment!). We have financial commitments that make it difficult (although not impossible) for me to stop work and I have to admit we are quite comfortable financially at the moment and I am loathe to jeopardise that. I'm also the kind of person who needs to be doing something to feel worthwhile, and preferrably getting paid for it!

You know what I'd really love. An op shop/coffee shop/christian bookshop. We have one of those in our town but it is not very well run and I can see sooooo much potential just not being realised. I love op shops but ours is so expensive its embarrasing, and there is heaps of junk which no one is going to buy, it needs a serious clean out. I don't think our town is big enough for me to start up in competition but I just love the idea of being able to come in browse knick knacks, books, maybe some craft or home made goodies and have a cuppa. Bliss.

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Hello!! i was just so excited to get your comment! I really have my blog messed up with this and that in the wrong place, but oh well, I did get it done at least:-)

Oh my goodness, seems you have everything together already, but if you don't, you know that you can do anything through Christ. And He has already put you in one of the most beautiful places in the world, I can't even do anything but imagine what it must be like to live there, God is so awesome!
And on the beach, oh my goodness, you go girl!! Even when things get hectic for you, just remember that family is next in line to God as far as important goes. And you can't always make the perfect decision for your children, but what we are to do is set an example, and trust me, I am a greater example for my grandkids, than I was for my kids, and I say that with shame, but thank God for do-overs! But we pray for them and we pray for God to be with them and help them to make the right choices. You know, even the house we live in at this moment was pre-destined for us, God can see the big picture but we can't, and later on I will tell you a story, but tonight I am too tired.
Here was my blessing for the day, I have been without hot water for almost two months, running here and there to shower, and heating water to wash things up, and tonight I had my first shower in two months in my own home!! I didn't have the money to fix it, and my kids all have families of their own so I didn't ask them, but my church family took care of it!! I am just so filled with joy and so grateful, they are such a blessing to me! And at my church, there are so many opportunities to do mission work, and I, like you, was scared to death to take on the job as Missions Point person in our Discovery group, but I jumped in feet first last week, and look at my return already!! Can't stop singing His praises!!
About the little shop you were talking about ( by the way, what is a op shop? )lol If i were you, I would continue to pray about it and try to hear the word of God speak, because he so wants us to prosper, and it may not be like we think, but who knows, it could be one of the greatest Christian shop in your area, and you could be the only bible some have ever read, and that is by being in the public and " letting your light shine, so that all the world would see and know who you Father is". You sound like such a sweet child and I'll bet your husband/farmer is adorable as well!! Ok, got to go check my MYSPACE, but we will chat again soon. and I may not get another blog up till Sunday night, I am hanging out with one of my daughters, my granddaughter, two grandsons and my great grandson! Yippee!!It was such a pleasure meeting you sugarfoot, kiss all the beautiful animals for me including your cats!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Don't know why I clicked anonymous!! hahaha

HisPrincess said...

Thanks so much Maxi. You have made me smile on a Friday afternoon when I'm too tired to smile!
An op shop is short for opportunity shop which I think you guys call good will? Second hand goods and clothing anyway, all proceeds donated to our parish.

HisPrincess said...

Hi again Maxi.
I may have mentioned that I found you late last night and since there isn't a link attached to your comment I can't find you again! Help! Could you reply with your web address so I don't lose you!
God Bless for a great weekend. It's Australia Day tomorrow so we are off for a big long weekend at the beach again. And yes, you are so right, I am incredibly blessed to live where I am and to enjoy the freedom that I do. Isn't God Great!

Anonymous said...

I wish you would seriously consider it!!!! To be perfectly honest I'm not even sure our local Christian bookshop is Christian. :( And I totally agree re the op shop which is really sad.

Here's a few thoughts:

* good coffee would go a looonnnnggg way (does anyone in town serve real proper stuff?)
* you could consider a few locally made handicraft type things and some homemade edible goodies (like the craft shop used to do)
* the op shop at K sends a LOT of stuff away (and they're run by the UC there I think). Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could get hold of some of that stuff....they have some great stuff
* even if you didn't keep a LOT of Christian bookshop stuff, perhaps you could just have a few things and have an agreement with Koorong for orders....few catalogues available while people drink their coffee???

I think the biggest chance of success in a town like ours is diversity - a finger in quite a few different pies...

I know this isn't just a "whim" because I remember you talking about how you'd love to run an op shop quite some time ago.

Maybe God is prompting you saying the time is now....pray about it and I will too...

HisPrincess said...

Hi Lightening. Yes we can get the REAL stuff at the bakery now......
As for our "Christian Bookshop" I know the manager is a bit of a looney (as Monty Python would say!) but do you feel that its something more sinister than that?

Anonymous said...

Sadly, yes. Although I'm reluctant to go around "spreading" that if you know what I mean. One time I was so physically ill after being in there I almost threw up. I'm still not sure exactly *what* it is or *what* (or maybe who?) is causing it. But there is something not right and I have to be feeling in a very strong frame of mind to be able to even go in there (which I rarely do). Extremely sad.

It makes me want to cry just typing this. But I also feel God will show Satan's hand when the time is right and things will become clearer than they have been. *shrugs* Whatever that means.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks for your input Lightening. Food for thought and prayer.