Monday, January 21, 2008

The dreaded job interview

I've not had much experience with job interviews. I've had two interviews for two jobs and remained at both jobs for quite a long time.

I don't think this one went well. I faced three people and a barrage of unexpected questions. I didn't really feel well prepared and I hate that. But I shall leave it to the Lord and we will see what happens. I asked about the three year contract thing. They said that normally contracts are just rolled over for another three years, which I'm guessing means that they only do that if they like you! Fair enough I guess. Although three years is a long time to put up with someone you don't like! Anyway. Like I said I don't really have a good feeling about how it went so I'm not going to think about it too much.

Its my last day of holidays today and back to work tomorrow. I'm almost looking forward to going back to work. Almost. I'm looking forward to feeling useful and getting back into my routine but I'm not really looking forward to the job itself. Which is why I'm on the lookout for a new one of course!

Before my job interview I had to drive 120km to put my DD on an airplane to Adelaide, and then on to Hobart. Its her first time away from Mum and Dad alone so she was a bit apprehensive. She has gone to stay with her BF and his Mum for the last week of school holidays. I think the little flirtation with independance will do her good. She's very dependant on me to organise her so I'm hoping she will learn to rely on herself a little. Not too much of course. She is still my baby afterall.

Dear Lord, I pray that I made a good impression at my job interview today. I'm still a bit in two minds as to whether this is the right job for me or even if I can do it so I pray that the outcome will be of your choosing and what is best for me. I also pray for my daughter as she travels out into the big wide world on her own for the first time. I pray that she is able to feel comfortable and in control and that enjoys the feeling of independance, rather than fears it as she does now.
Amen.

0 valued opinions!: