Monday, January 28, 2008

My Little Girl

I went to the airport to pick up my little girl (who's 15 by the way, but is still my little girl!) after her first holiday without Mum and Dad. She strode off the airplane, looking tall and gorgeous, sunglasses on head, handbag on shoulder. I felt really proud of her and more than a little bit sad. Here was my baby looking totally in control and not requiring her Mummy!

She had a wonderful time. She spent the car trip home telling us all about it and showing us photo's of her climbing giant logs, waterfalls and going jetboating. It was constant bubbly chatter and it was just so lovely to see her so happy and willing to share. Oftentimes in the past she has been non-communicative, sullen and depressed. I really feel that she is turning the corner and finally starting to feel worthwhile and worthy of being loved.

I just hope and pray now that as she starts her senior secondary years she can have a bit of faith in her abilities and a more positive attitude.

Dear Lord, I pray that as the new school year starts both of my children can have faith in themselves and make the most of their strenths. I also pray for the teachers, I pray that they can set a good example and be able to meet the needs of the children.
Amen.

0 valued opinions!: