Friday, July 20, 2012

Have a little faith...

Hello folks! Yes! She lives!

I've decided that I need to get the thoughts out of my head, so obviously I need to get back into blogging.

To catch you up.... Steph moved last week back to the Eyre Peninsula (which I firmly believe is an answer to prayer). She broke up with her boyfriend (who she moved in with against our wishes) and decided that she just wanted to come home.

Sounds simple enough. Not. She's fine, feels she's done the right thing, and I'm inclined to agree with her, but it's not a simple transition. She gave up her job and is now job hunting again, which is frustrating for her. She also signed a lease with the boyfriend so we are still paying rent in Adelaide until he finds someone to live with him. Their internet account is in my name which needs to be transferred. None of these are insurmountable issues, but a hassle. Alex was fine, co-operative, civilized about the whole thing. Was. Now he's texting Steph saying he's sorry for whatever he did and can she just come back, he's TERRIBLE with money and she has been propping him up for months and now he's scared he can't cope without her. I'm annoyed with him, but I do feel bad for him too. He needs to learn some hard lessons, like how to manage his money, how to prioritize, save, budget etc but I don't want him to suffer. He's an atheist, but he's not a terrible person!

Steph is very stressed out, she's feeling terrible for the financial burden she has caused (even though I've reassured here that her happiness and safety is more important than money). I just hope he doesn't wear her down and guilt her into going back. I don't think that will happen, but you never know.

So some wise words would be very much appreciated ladies! I have to say, having Steph not far away (she's about an hour and a half drive now) makes me rest easier. I hated having her so far away. I don't know how people get used to that.

As for the other child, he's still being stubborn, non communicative and difficult. Teenage boys. Ugh.

Dear Lord, please watch over Steph, Scott and Alex tonight. Please be with Steph as she adjusts to her new home and looks for work, please help her find something soon. Please surround her with the people that she needs to be with Lord, to point her to you. Please be with Scott as he spends time with his friends, help him remember that it's a huge responsibility to be the one driving the car, and that he has his friends lives in his hands. Please help him find focus and show him a clear path. Also please be with Alex tonight as he comes to terms with the changes in his life. Help him let go and move on, and learn to manage his finances and his life successfully. Please show him your love, and that you are the only path to true peace. In your precious name I pray. Amen.


1 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Delighted and overjoyed to see you back in blogland!

I can relate to the struggles with adult (and nearly adult children) and the balancing act too.

You ARE DOING the BEST THING possible for Stephanie: PRAYER!

The biggest lesson I have learned as all our children are now adults, is that they are going to have to find their own way in this world. They are going to have to make mistakes, fall down, pick themselves up, dust themselves off and move forward. I can't continually pick up the pieces for them and make everything okay (or they will rely on us forever), but I can be available to listen, to encourage, to be supportive and love them. While I struggle with watching their choices, at times, I have a greater level of peace and know God is watching over them and I cannot protect them for their own journey. And as I let go, they step it up and grow and mature even more. It's a beautiful thing! Difficult, but absolutely beautiful...

Not the words you probably wanted to hear, but maybe you need to. Keep praying! You're doing great!

It is truly wonderful to have you back here. I have missed you, dear friend.