Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cracked Pot

I'm a cracked pot.

I've got cracks, chips and chinks in my armour but I'm trying really hard to put on the armour of God, and not let my lack of faith and feelings of unworthyness get in the way of my relationship with my Lord.

I know that my day is always better when I start it with a conversation with the Lord. And yet, even though I know what I SHOULD be doing, and I know that I will feel better for it, I still forget often. It's just like dieting. I know what I should be doing....sigh.

So I shall start again. Starting right now.

Dear Lord, help me to start, finish and live my entire day for you. Help me make you not just my number one priority but my only priority, because if I put you where you belong then I know that everything else will take care of itself. Help me to remember to look to you always, praise you always, honour you always. These things I pray in the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

1 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

We are all cracked pots! Glad you've discovered that and joined the club. :)

And together, we encourage one another to take another step each day. Remember, it's all about the journey - not a snapshot of where you or I are at today.

We can do this!